Solved

No access to app

Userlevel 1

Hi. I can get emails to my address with a bill/statement but not a verification email to access account.  I have had to set up a new email to join this. I've been trying to upload meter readings for months. I do not want to get into debt. Help or I'm off. 

icon

Best answer by 25 quid 10 March 2021, 09:42

Hi @JB218, I’ve heard of this before and suspect those emails are more susceptible to spam filters. Can you check your spam folder or add no-reply@purepla.net to your white-list of allowed senders.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

View original

17 replies

Hi @JB218, I’ve heard of this before and suspect those emails are more susceptible to spam filters. Can you check your spam folder or add no-reply@purepla.net to your white-list of allowed senders.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Hey @JB218 and thanks for the DM about this. 

I just wanted to get back to you on your post, too, so that other Members can be kept up to date and jump in to help! 

Really good advice from @25 quid - has the email fallen into your spam/promotions folder maybe? 

If you’re a hotmail user you may need to add as to your safe-senders list (as suggested by @25 quid). To do that:

1. Sign in to your account and navigate to your Inbox
2. Click the gear icon located at the upper-right side of the page
3. Select More mail settings
4. Under Preventing junk email, click Safe and blocked senders
5. Click Safe senders
6. In the text box, type in the email address no-reply@purepla.net and then click Add to list.

It may sound silly but it’s also worth checking you’re typing in the exact same email address you used when signing up.

Let us know how you get on!

As some emails get delivered and others don’t, PP could maybe help with delivery of these emails:

The addition of a friendly name part of the email might make it look less spammy...

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi. I can get emails to my address with a bill/statement but not a verification email to access account.  I have had to set up a new email to join this. I've been trying to upload meter readings for months. I do not want to get into debt. Help or I'm off. 

@JB218 

trying to help here

Who is your current email provider (the one which failed to deliver the verification mails)?

When you entered the (non-delivered to ) email address on the login page did it say you should expect an email or was there an error message?

Userlevel 1

Hi. Hotmail address nothing in SPAM.

Hotmail has issues with delivery of some PP emails. Try adding the address to the hotmail whitelist @JB218

Userlevel 1

Im getting regular emails but not the one from the app to authenticate. Have put PP in contacts etc but nothing.

@Nataly can you ask your tech folks to double check that the emails are actually being sent maybe? Is there another way to get @JB218 connected?

@JB218, I know you said you’ve added PP as a contact, but could you try these instructions too?

Userlevel 1

Thank you all. Had to borrow an old laptop as didn't have the safe section on my android. Reset app old one deleted and added safe email. All good thanks all. Old hotmail email layout worked. New version crap lol. Cheers.

Great! Some you win. some you lose! 😉 

Got to love a happy (ish) ending. 

Glad to hear you’re sorted @JB218 Looks like @25 quid has been super helpful! 

Userlevel 1

Yes. Thank you all.

Super is my middle name! 😉 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣nothing like a bit of modesty our 25 notes 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😉😉😉😉👍👏

Coincidentally, modesty is my first name!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’m bloody LOL at you liking your own post to emphasise the irony 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I think Ohit does it as the norm on his posts 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣