New Variable Tariff released today 2nd September 2021

• 2 September 2021
  • 19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 13380 replies

New Variable Tariff released today 3rd September 2021*

Here it is and for for (temporary pre-archive) posterity below.

(Analysis later if I have time)

( the release month at the bottom says 3/10/21- see below for explanation)

Late edit, more info below available from 16th Sep to new customers and kicks in for existing on 3rd October.  Thanks to @Bev 

19 replies

Yep, that’ll be because for anyone who switches on 16 September, we can’t forget it takes 17 days for the switch to go through - so they wouldn’t be on supply with Pure Planet on the new tariff until 3 October, too. Hence the 3 October date for all. :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Bev 

If you are reasonably handy at DIY, you will probably find changing the brushes quite easy. The hard part is getting the correct ones. I recently changed the brushes on my son's 3 year old machine, I phoned the supplier first to make sure in stock, and was told even the model and serial numbers were not a good guide as manufacturers tend to use whatever motor is in stock at the time, I had to remove them and take them in to be matched. But it is a 15-30 minute job

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Good point well made @Nataly ! Thanks, I should have read it properly, “made available” being the clue!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I've just worked out, that gas price had increased by 145% compared to the rate on my tariff that is ending soon. But the electric is "only"  66.7% more

Time to get the winter Woolies in before the rush starts

I know of a ball bearing manufacturer who, some years back, was asked to make a ball bearing race for a washing machine that would last 25 months. They did. The manufacturers of the machine were offering a 24 month warranty.

@Bev You may find the job is straightforward. I thought the pump on ours had gone the other week, it hadn’t, but I checked st the time and to put a new one in is a simple job. About 10 to 15 minutes with a screwdriver.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yeah I’m not confident with DIY, Duppy and Rich, especially when it comes to water. If I mess something up getting the back off, getting the brushes off and new ones in etc, I could do more damage. Just annoying that nothing is made to last, but washing machine brushes have ALWAYS been a major thing after five years and it’s sooooo wrong. Most end up just replacing an otherwise perfectly good machine. 

Thanks both for your sound advice tho. Maybe I’ll try. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Bev 

I’ve changed brushes and although I wouldn’t class it as “difficult” apart from needing the physical strength to move the machine having first disconnected from electric and taps,  drained surplus water, then tipping it to work on it in a confined space, possibly having to slacken the motor mounting to swivel the motor to get to the brushes, I certainly wouldn’t class it as an easy DIY. (not trying to deter you)

What make is it? It might be easy if the motor is easily accessible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’ve just watched a You Tube video as shows my exact model and error message. Does appear easy enough our Wozeeta, but with my bilateral torn shoulders, I think it’s a no go, plus what appears simple enough DIY, never ever ever ever is when it comes to moi! Never hee. So just persevere with the hand wash for now, then have a think. Ah thanks so much all, thanks so much 👍👏👏👏

I’d be more scared of the Lecky than the Water @Bevy 😉 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Well,that too our Notelets. The lovely late friend I referred to before, he was my guy for all this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

When do the new rates take effect?

The change to our variable rate for electricity and gas is effective from 3 October 2021 for all Members currently on the variable tariff. 

The Variable tariff will be made available on 16 September - which means new Members joining us from 16 September will be quoted and join at the new rates. 

Existing Members viewing ‘change tariff’ will see and be quoted at the new rates from 3 October 2021. 

Existing Members looking to renew their tariff, or roll-off onto our Variable, will see and be quoted at the new rates from 3 October 2021.

No it comes into effect 3rd October to give customers chance to look into their options, our Wozeeta. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yeah clearly states both dates, that’s just simply the release date in the header. That’s how I read it anyway our Woz, so plenty of time to make our choices now,  

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Bev good point,  thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

And to add the 12 month fix was updated on 1st September. It has increased on average by almost 13.5% for a typical average user compared to the previous 12 mo. fix.

Here it is - the gas prices are frightening up over 100% from a year ago.

I've just worked out, that gas price had increased by 145% compared to the rate on my tariff that is ending soon. But the electric is "only"  66.7% more

Time to get the winter Woolies in before the rush starts

Yeh, jumpers out, we must stop having showers and washing ourselves, using hot water. Time for a knitting section in the forum methinks.

Wash with cold water, don’t waste hot on hygiene! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ice bath? Eeeeek! 😳❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Must say, re the hot water, I’m hand washing clothes for now as ruddy brushes on washer packed up grrrrr! Why do they make washing machines with brushes that are destined to fail after five years! Soooo annoying, these have lasted exactly seven, but the machines like absolute new! I soooo wish these notorious brushes could be replaced with something that flaming lasts. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Bev thanks yes but it’s effective sooner for new customers so it should say 16th Sept

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ooooh thanks Woz 👍👍👍👍👍