Solved

Need to move electricity meter for building work

• 21 August 2021
  • 3 replies

I’m having building work. I need to move electricity meter?

Electricity Supplier
I/We, the Customer, understand that a new electricity connection cannot be used until an electricity supplier has been appointed and that the supplier will install metering unless I/We, the Customer, have appointed a meter operator directly.

icon

Best answer by woz 21 August 2021, 18:47

View original

3 replies

Contact Pure Planet via WattBot
Someone in Member Services will get back to you next week.
If you need to move it more than 1 metre, then the Distribution Network Operator will need to be involved.

I will message the Admins, and ask them to move your reply to it’s own thread, as it has nothing to do with someone being ‘mid-switch.’

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Electricity Supplier
I/We, the Customer, understand that a new electricity connection cannot be used until an electricity supplier has been appointed and that the supplier will install metering unless I/We, the Customer, have appointed a meter operator directly.

@CKB 

I don’t understand your post or at least what the relevance of the lower part of the post is?

Unless your property is a new build and it needs an initial connection (for which you would use one of the big 6) then whether or not it’s existing or you’ve just moved in you will be a deemed customer of whoever is the supplier. That supplier in conjunction with the DNO, will be the one who has to arrange the meter move. If it’s PP then the above advice holds. 

Are you mid switch? Are you moving from or to PP? That may well complicate matters.

I don’t work for PP. 

Hey @CKB and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Just to let you know I’ve moved your post to its own, new, thread as it was about a new topic. Thanks @Gwyndy for flagging! 

@CKB we have an FAQ all about moving your meter, which may help? If you head to ‘help’ > ‘ask a question’ when logged in to your app or purepla.net and type “I need to move my meter”, should be able to take things from there. Let us know how you get on!

Unless your property is a new build and it needs an initial connection (for which you would use one of the big 6)

This is also spot on from @woz in the case of a new build?