Solved

need final meter readings

• 18 September 2020
  • 10 replies

hi, i have moved to British gas and they never received final gas meter reading from pure planet. can you please provide the same. 

icon

Best answer by Mightymidget 18 September 2020, 20:52

hi, i have moved to British gas and they never received final gas meter reading from pure planet. can you please provide the same. 

Did you supply your meter readings for opening? The process is you supply your opening readsbto BG at the start, in turn they will forward them to PP who then produce the final bill, 

You can ask BG to forward these on again, BG can also do a COS open read if they do have your opening reads 

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi

Hi
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

When have you moved? 

It takes up to 6 weeks for you to receive the final bill from PP, cause it has to all go through a 3rd party verifier  .

Thanks, it is almost 3 months and not received final bill. All the previous bills were sent on emails.

Userlevel 4

Did you supply your meter readings for opening? The process is you supply your opening readsbto BG at the start, in turn they will forward them to PP who then produce the final bill, 

You can ask BG to forward these on again, BG can also do a COS open read if they do have your opening reads 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

….and in case anyone doesn’t know what a CoS reading is it stands for Change of Supplier reading, (which can but not necessarily will be taken directly from a smart meter)

no i have not supplied  COS  to BG. as i was in impression that with smart meters this is done automatically. i was wrong. BG have electric meter reading but not for GAS. they are sending me wrong estimated reading. BG saying that PP never send closing/opening reading to them. so is there anyway i can get final meter reading from PP.

Userlevel 4

Its not down to the previous supplier to send these, its for the new supplier to return the opening reads.

Your definatley not the only person who doesn't realise that the reads still need to be provided for an opening read  as you would think with a smart meter it would automatically be done.

If you have a smart meter you can ask PP what the last read that was pulled on the meter  and supply that to BG. They need to do the opening read for you in order for PP to generate the final bill, 

BG sadly are lacking in a lot of areas at the moment, which is one of the many reasons I left. 

If they do open on an estimated read, I would advise you take a meter read, & then another 7 days later,(thats if you disagree with the reads) 

Just remember you won't pay for the energy twice, as what ever they open on PP will close on, 

thanks. how do i make contact to PP for final read? i cant see any fon number or email. do i have to reinstall PP app to make a contact as i have already uninstalled 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

thanks. how do i make contact to PP for final read? i cant see any fon number or email. do i have to reinstall PP app to make a contact as i have already uninstalled 

@janoojiten help is only available with the app (or through the community) and not on website so yes.

Reads are agreed through a 3rd party, and, in practice, unless the read is way way out the financial consequences  will be negligible (and there is a non-disputable tolerance.)

My guess is that it will be much effort for little if no gain.

I’m curious...Why did you leave PP for BG?

Reason for change to BG was saving of £180 and communications.

I have left message on app still awaiting answer from them...frustrating...

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@janoojiten 

thanks for responding, I appreciate it. Did the app  say your message had been passed to the team? If so you should have had a response within 2 days, usually 1

Good luck anyway, I’m curious as when I look on the comparison sites BG always comes out slightly more expensive or very much more depending when/where. (I did see a recent quote that was similar £) Was it a special deal because that’s a very large saving?