My IHD is confused

Userlevel 2

Just wondered if anyone else's IHD has ever switched to saying that 'my gas prepayment needs topping up'. 

I'm not on prepay and have submitted a Wattbot/message team query. I'm thinking that maybe the IHD has connected to someone else's smart meters? 

I've had a quick scan of other messages but couldn't see anything like this. 

Just interested if any community knowledge on this. 

Regards

Sue

11 replies

That’s odd @Suepal.

Just to check, unless the Wattbot either solved the problem or said it had passed it on to the team, you’ll wait forever for a reply. So persist with the Wattbot conversation until it caves in or type message the team to hurry stuff along.

PS IHD problem is a good thing to type into Wattbot.

Good luck, and welcome by the way!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Suepal 

hi Sue

in theory your IHD is married to your meter, it should never connect to anyone else’s meter.

It might be prudent to check the status of the actual meter on the wall just in case it’s telling the truth (better safe than sorry).

Userlevel 2

That’s odd @Suepal.

Just to check, unless the Wattbot either solved the problem or said it had passed it on to the team, you’ll wait forever for a reply. So persist with the Wattbot conversation until it caves in or type message the team to hurry stuff along.

PS IHD problem is a good thing to type into Wattbot.

Good luck, and welcome by the way!

Thanks 25quid, I got the response that my message had been forwarded so hope to get a reply in next few days. 

Userlevel 2

@Suepal

hi Sue

in theory your IHD is married to your meter, it should never connect to anyone else’s meter.

It might be prudent to check the status of the actual meter on the wall just in case it’s telling the truth (better safe than sorry).

Hi Woz,

I've had the IHD over a year now and not had this problem.  I definitely don't have a prepay meter. 

Cheers

Sue

Let’s see what PP sort out for you. Please let us know here, or if you don’t hear back.

Hello @Suepal 

That’s most odd! I’ve not heard of this one before. I’ve flagged it with our smart team :thumbsup:

Userlevel 2

Hello @Suepal 

That’s most odd! I’ve not heard of this one before. I’ve flagged it with our smart team :thumbsup:

Hi Marc, 

I tried to send a photo. Not sure it worked. 

Cheers

Sue

Nope, it didn’t work. You can copy and paste, or hit the button to the left of paperclip (like an asymmetric Barbara Windsor, what a star) to attach photos here.

Userlevel 2

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Suepal

hi Sue

Hi Woz,

I've had the IHD over a year now and not had this problem.  I definitely don't have a prepay meter. 

Cheers

Sue

hi @Suepal I know you don’t have prepay meter, that’s not what I meant.

The status of your meter (the meter NOT the IHD) can be changed. What I was suggesting is that you go to the ACTUAL METER and look at the screen and make sure the meter itself does not think it’s in prepay mode. If it thinks it’s in prepay mode you are in danger of being cut off. I’m not suggesting that’s the case I’m saying it might be wise to check it.

Hi @Suepal, How odd. You should be due a response from the Team soon. Maybe add a note to your Wattbot conversation and link them to this thread so they have more info.