Moving House and Still being charged for old house bills - URGENT

Dear Community/ Pure Planet team,

On the 30th of June 2019 I moved house and filled the necessary information into the Pure Planet App as requested.

On the 2nd July 2019 I got a Final Statement - my first questions are.. What is an Offset Bill? Mine said 67.50 pounds and what does it mean by account balance being 64.93 pounds? Is this the money I am owed?

Then what has been really confusing and frustrating is that on the 4th July 2019 I was charged like I was every month the money for my old house gas and electricity. This is money for the month of July... I have already highlighted that I have moved house and no longer responsible for the previous house bills? I shouldn't therefore be charged like usual on the 4th of each month and shouldn't have been charged on the 4th July?

Finally, Wattbott is just not working... I have tried everything and my messages are just not sending and as highlighted I believe I have been charged an extra month. This is highly stressful and I would like it to be solved as soon as possible.

5 replies

Hey @MGG :)

You can read our FAQ explaining offset bills (also known as 'consolidated statements') here - it basically means that your account has been re-calculated, previous month(s) statements have been credited back, and now you have a new balance covering the whole period.

The account balance depends on whether it says "CR" meaning credit or "DR" meaning debit.

Looks like your WattBot messages all came through fine - I checked with our Member Services team and Belle replied to you on 5 July explaining why your Direct Debit was still taken and how this has affected your final balance🆙
Hi Nataly,
Thanks for replying. I have not received any messages on wattbott? Can they be sent again as I am still confused. Can you also confirm that that was the last time I’ll be charged and my account has been closed/last bills done? Additionally, when do I know if I get money back etc?

thanks again.
Exactly the same has happened to me!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
ccatchpole27;32970:
Exactly the same has happened to me!

Hi there

Hope you've read this thread and the answer to your other post, and you now understand how the system works.

Basically you pay for your property's energy use until the provider knows who the new occupier is, then you get a refund. That's why giving your final reading is so important.
Stephen
MGG;32953:

Thanks for replying. I have not received any messages on wattbott? Can they be sent again as I am still confused. Can you also confirm that that was the last time I’ll be charged and my account has been closed/last bills done? Additionally, when do I know if I get money back etc?

Hey @MGG

I've passed this on to our Member Services team to look into and get back to you on 🆙