Solved

Moved into a Pure Planet Home Help

• 15 October 2019
  • 3 replies

Hello, I'm trying to complete the Moved into a Pure Planet Home process and I am already having significant difficultly.

First of all I don't like the quote I have been given as this seems like a massive overestimate of what I would actually use (I am extremely conservative and rarely have the heating on, yet don't know what this would be in terms of KWH). Is there any way to change this from the get go? And how would it effect my payments and future meter readings.

Second, during set up it asks for move in date meter readings, I don't have access to them at present, can I postpone the account set up and come back to it later?

Third, I am very concerned on the lack of call centres and needing to log in to access automated chat responses. Has this been a major issue for anybody here?

A swift response is urgently required.

Thanks, from a very nervous and somewhat reluctant new customer.
icon

Best answer by woz 15 October 2019, 01:42

hi Matt and welcome.
My understanding of the quote process is you can put any expected consumption numbers you want into the quote. Was it suggesting some numbers?
If you need help estimating what you might use there is lots of info around and of course the Ofgem suggested figures to go by (I've never yet met anyone who achieves those low figures) - without knowledge of your property it's impossible to guess.
You can easily change the amount of the DD once you've paid the first payment or when you get some idea of your consumption, so that problem is dare I say it, trivial. PP will only charge for what you use, the fluctuation in your statement balance will reflect whether it's more or less than expected.
You don't say why you don't have access or if you have actually taken ownership. Your charges will start from where you take ownership, at which point you will be a deemed customer of PP (albeit a reluctant one!) so why not wait until you do and have full access to meters etc, and you can also take photos of them if required (it sometimes is). It's no big deal to join now and delay readings but it will further delay billing.
The lack of call centres is only an issue for those who don't do their reading and expect PP to have a call centre then get irate when they find there isn't one. Communication with staff is via wattbot (in app or online if joined or in app only if not, errr I think...),
​to get a non-bot response (there are bot-responses too) from a human type message the team and your message. Replies usually in 24 hrs or a couple of days if busy but you will get a reply.
I don't work for PP, there is/are community admin but most replies are initially answered by hopefully helpful and usually prompt (is 30 mins+ swift?) members.
There is nothing to be nervous about, PP's approach works for thousands of customers but in fairness it doesn't suit everybody.
There are no penalties for switching away, which once you join is easy, not joining will cause you far more work because you're already a customer, and if you try to switch away first it may be blocked until you pay (that's not a threat it's true of any energy company with deemed customer because they don't know who you are yet -I'm trying to be helpful)
Good luck with the move whatever you decide.
Oh I forgot to add, if you've completed the switching process, given banking details etc, you'll have to use the cancel button, if you haven't completed the process there's nothing to cancel. You can't postpone, only cancel and restart.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Matt and welcome.
My understanding of the quote process is you can put any expected consumption numbers you want into the quote. Was it suggesting some numbers?
If you need help estimating what you might use there is lots of info around and of course the Ofgem suggested figures to go by (I've never yet met anyone who achieves those low figures) - without knowledge of your property it's impossible to guess.
You can easily change the amount of the DD once you've paid the first payment or when you get some idea of your consumption, so that problem is dare I say it, trivial. PP will only charge for what you use, the fluctuation in your statement balance will reflect whether it's more or less than expected.
You don't say why you don't have access or if you have actually taken ownership. Your charges will start from where you take ownership, at which point you will be a deemed customer of PP (albeit a reluctant one!) so why not wait until you do and have full access to meters etc, and you can also take photos of them if required (it sometimes is). It's no big deal to join now and delay readings but it will further delay billing.
The lack of call centres is only an issue for those who don't do their reading and expect PP to have a call centre then get irate when they find there isn't one. Communication with staff is via wattbot (in app or online if joined or in app only if not, errr I think...),
​to get a non-bot response (there are bot-responses too) from a human type message the team and your message. Replies usually in 24 hrs or a couple of days if busy but you will get a reply.
I don't work for PP, there is/are community admin but most replies are initially answered by hopefully helpful and usually prompt (is 30 mins+ swift?) members.
There is nothing to be nervous about, PP's approach works for thousands of customers but in fairness it doesn't suit everybody.
There are no penalties for switching away, which once you join is easy, not joining will cause you far more work because you're already a customer, and if you try to switch away first it may be blocked until you pay (that's not a threat it's true of any energy company with deemed customer because they don't know who you are yet -I'm trying to be helpful)
Good luck with the move whatever you decide.
Oh I forgot to add, if you've completed the switching process, given banking details etc, you'll have to use the cancel button, if you haven't completed the process there's nothing to cancel. You can't postpone, only cancel and restart.
Hello Woz thanks for your reply.

I didn't have access to the photos when I initiated the set up but the account has been set up now. I assume then the quote is just that, a quote and not reflective of what I actually use. So I guess the best course of action is to leave it and provide meter readings when I need to?

I'm certainly willing to give the lack of call centers a try, it was a surprise that is all. Once I've got everything sorted with the correct billing based on what I actually use then there should be no issues. Thanks again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi Matt
It's good to see that your account is now set up, thanks for letting us know. As you have found, having no call centre is not a problem as the community can answer most questions fairly quickly, and Wattbot for the account related matters which the community cannot answer.
Just make sure that you give your meter readings monthly and you will find your level of usage and be able to change your payment accordingly.