Solved

Move out

• 21 September 2020
  • 17 replies

I moved out on the app on 31st August but I'm still receiving bills and have not received any final bills. Has anyone else experienced this? Tricky because I can't contact pure planet

icon

Best answer by stephenrand 21 September 2020, 10:10

I moved out on the app on 31st August but I'm still receiving bills and have not received any final bills. Has anyone else experienced this? Tricky because I can't contact pure planet

Hi @BC123 

Like @Angelabikerbabe I'm a little confused by your post.

When you say you moved out on the app, do you mean you did what is described in this FAQ?

When you say you are still receiving bills, do you mean you have received a statement by email on the day it normally comes each month?

It usually takes about six weeks for a final bill to be produced, so it's not surprising that hasn't arrived - but you should only get one. Don't cancel your direct debit in the meantime, it makes things more complicated.

And when you say I can't contact Pure Planet, the obvious question is, why not?

https://community.purepla.net/getting-in-touch-39

I'm sure that if you can answer these questions, we'll be able to help get things sorted.

Stephen

View original

17 replies

I am also an NHS worker - anyone know if I can apply for the discount now. I moved out on 31st Aug - thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi

Do you mean you're with PP and you've moved house? 

With regards to the NHS discount, see this similar question:

https://community.purepla.net/ask-the-community-15/nhs-worker-11041#post63078

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I am also an NHS worker - anyone know if I can apply for the discount now. I moved out on 31st Aug - thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @BC123 

Like @Angelabikerbabe I'm a little confused by your post.

When you say you moved out on the app, do you mean you did what is described in this FAQ?

When you say you are still receiving bills, do you mean you have received a statement by email on the day it normally comes each month?

It usually takes about six weeks for a final bill to be produced, so it's not surprising that hasn't arrived - but you should only get one. Don't cancel your direct debit in the meantime, it makes things more complicated.

And when you say I can't contact Pure Planet, the obvious question is, why not?

https://community.purepla.net/getting-in-touch-39

I'm sure that if you can answer these questions, we'll be able to help get things sorted.

Stephen

Hi @BC123 

The promo for NHS workers is when they join Pure Planet. 

Are you joining PP?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@BC123 

Did you give closing reading when you filled out the moving out section?

Were you using the app and do you still have the app on your device?

Hi all

Thanks for your replies.

When I closed the account I added my metre readings - I did this all through the website.

I am still receiving emails from them with regards to bills but I haven’t received the final bill yet closing the account - if this takes 6 weeks then this must be why.

When I say that I cannot get in touch I mean that as I do not have the app I cannot contact the bot and PP do not have a number.

Thanks again for your replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@BC123 

Thanks for the update, hopefully you will get your final bill soon, and yep, I’ve raised this issue about only being able to contact PP by app once you leave until I’m sick of repeating it, but I don’t let that stop me when the opportunity arises so here it is again….

Post back if it gets to the 6 weeks and it hasn’t happened..

@BC123

I’ve raised this issue about only being able to contact PP by app once you leave until I’m sick of repeating it, but I don’t let that stop me when the opportunity arises so here it is again….

The squeaky wheel keeps squeaking. One day… 🤞🏻

Hello - I just wondered whether it is normal that 1 payment was taken and then put back into my account and then I received 2 more payments into my account. Is this as part of the move out process?

1 normal regular payment after move-out seems reasonable with a refund to balance the books. It does seem strange to get 2 more, but it’s reassuring in some way that you are getting any credit refunded. (maybe PP has discovered the magic money tree?)

Others might have more experience to share…

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@BC123 

Did you provide move out readings and have you had the final bill?

Hey @BC123 

If your final bill showed that your account’s in credit, this would be refunded to you. 

The refunds can be put in your account in multiple payments, because they have to be refunded against your Direct Debit payments. 

For example, let’s say you pay £100 each month. Your final bill shows you’re £130 in credit - you’d get one refund of £100 and one refund of £30. Hope that makes sense :grin:

Fascinating 🖖

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@25 quid I think you may be confused...

this is fascinating

fascinating

How did you get my hat @woz !?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@25 quid 

Your secret is safe with me...