Solved

Monthly Payment Increase

• 17 November 2021
  • 13 replies

Hi 

Has anyone else's Monthly Payments gone up by £100 since switching over to Shell. Our October and November payments are £259.00 per month. We did not have any contact from Shell informing us of this. 

icon

Best answer by Lapa 17 November 2021, 16:19

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Cerianne 

I doubt the increased payment is a result of the move to Shell, no statements/bills have been produced since PP ceased trading.

Are you sure the increase isn't due to the winter/summer payment difference which takes effect in October. It will be detailed in the balance and payments section of your account. Or, it could be a result of an account review, but you should have been informed about that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

As duppy says it’s more likely your winter payment with PP and nothing to do with Shell. Our Shell accounts are not set up yet so they not issues monthly payment details yet. 

The increase is £100 more than what we paid this time last year and £110 more than Oct 2019. We are £353.00 in credit. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Have you changed tariffs since last year? If not contact the team via wattbott and they can look at your account for you. 

I'm guessing the tariff will change going over to Shell but surely not by £100 a month when you are £353.00 in credit. My monthly bill will be £259 a month. I've contacted Shell but they can't find us on the system even though we have had an email welcoming us to Shell. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

We are not fully rolled onto Shell and probably will not be until end of the year. The pay increase will be on PP end. Customer services via wattbott will be able to advise you. 

Where will I find wattbott on the App? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Where will I find wattbott on the App? 

@Cerianne

hi Ceri

it’s in help>ask a question.

Just to add that your direct debit can NOT be increased without informing you of the increase first, (it breaks the dd guarantee conditions) - are you sure you didn’t receive an email some time ago (perhaps a month maybe more) informing you? It may have been increased in anticipation of your tariff ending and you may also have received an email informing you of a refund at around the same time? 

I've only received an email welcoming us to Shell and then one saying we are on Flexiable 6 tariff. 

Even with new tariff surely it shouldn't go up by £100 a month? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It sounds like an issue with your winter payment but we do not have access to your account as we are fellow customers so would need to contact the team for a definitive answer.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Cerianne 

The increase is nothing to do with Shell, they haven't set up our accounts yet.

If it's not the winter payment uplift, and you haven't received any notification ( check your spam/trash folders ) about a payment increase, you will need to use Wattbot to contact the team as previously mentioned

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I've only received an email welcoming us to Shell and then one saying we are on Flexiable 6 tariff. 

Even with new tariff surely it shouldn't go up by £100 a month? 

@Cerianne 

The (possible) email(s) won’t have come from Shell but from PP

Hello @Cerianne 

Thanks for posting! I can see you’ve received some brilliant advice here from @Duppy, @Lapa and @woz!

As your fellow Community members have suggested, I think it’s a great idea to message the team to check this with them, this DD increase will be unrelated to Shell, head to ‘help’ in the app or web, then ‘ask a question’ then type ‘message the team’. They should reply within 1 working day. 

Also as @woz said to check for emails about your DD look for ones sent from PP not Shell. :thumbsup:

I hope this helps!