Solved

Money Saving Expert Energy Club

• 6 October 2017
  • 4 replies

I have belonged to this for some time & usually take advantage of their "fixes" last one was with British Gas, however that was due to finish early October & a new fix had not been finalised, so I scanned the net & found Pure Planet, which offered far better rates than British Gas & as it turned out, the latest MSE energy club fix, so switched over (so smooth too) I still belong to the energy club & wanted to submit my details of tariff etc on their so if a cheaper fix occurs in the future I can review, but unfortunately Pure Planet isn't on their system! I really think it would be to the benefit of PP to be on their as I'm sure ther would potentially be loads more people wishing to switch suppliers to Pure Planet? I'm pleased I switched, just one thing I miss (sad life) & thats my smart meter device, which was always there so I could keep tabs on my useage, something I can't seem to get on my phone app despite it being latest version.
icon

Best answer by Toby 6 October 2017, 16:14

Hi @Boyjohn, really good to have your thoughts on this and welcome to the community. As we're just starting out, we're investigating how best to get our name out there in the wide world and MSE is one we're looking at, as well as a few others. Where else do you think Pure Planet could be well placed to make people aware? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

On the smart meter issue, rest assured that we're looking into that too. SMETS 2 meters will be available next year (smart meters that will work regardless of which supplier you're with or switch to) and Pure Planet will be supplying these to all members who want them. As you say, very handy indeed. When I have more info on that, I'll update the community.

How is the app working for you? Any and all suggestions would be great to hear.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Hi @Boyjohn, really good to have your thoughts on this and welcome to the community. As we're just starting out, we're investigating how best to get our name out there in the wide world and MSE is one we're looking at, as well as a few others. Where else do you think Pure Planet could be well placed to make people aware? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

On the smart meter issue, rest assured that we're looking into that too. SMETS 2 meters will be available next year (smart meters that will work regardless of which supplier you're with or switch to) and Pure Planet will be supplying these to all members who want them. As you say, very handy indeed. When I have more info on that, I'll update the community.

How is the app working for you? Any and all suggestions would be great to hear.
Hi,

I just switched to Pure Planet and I too was surprised that I couldn't see them on any comperison sites. However, I understand that it costs money for Pure Planet to be on them. So I don't think you should be on too many sites that would lead to a higher membership fee to the detriment of the current members.

Although if you think a lot more members could give you more bargining power to get the wholesale price down so we see savings there, that could be very happy news.

Love the product by the way!
Hello,

I have initiated a switch to Pure Planet directly from Money Saving Expert "Cheap Energy Club", in order to get the £25 cash back offer. MSE says that they've sent a request to Pure Planet. Should I start the registration process on the app in the meantime or should I wait for Pure Planet to get back to MSE or me? Just want to make sure I will benefit from the cash back offer.

Thanks.

Best,
Romain
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi.romain
Mse should of provided a link somehow.didnt use them myself so not sure.anyhow this should be a prompt to download the app which i presume you have.
Once you got app you need to get a quote and provide all the relavent details as requested,address and payment stuff.
And use the app to complete the switch request.