Solved

metre readings

Userlevel 2

Can anybody make sense of these metre readings? They dont look right to me…

We have just moved house and unsure how to read these metres.

icon

Best answer by Duppy 5 April 2021, 15:27

@LeslieAv , according to this FAQ you press the 9 button and look for volume and m3

View original

11 replies

Assuming the Secure Liberty electric meter is a model 100, this is supposed to be a breakdown of what the buttons do:

1 - Displays cost of consumption and units used on the current day and previous day
2 - Displays cost of consumption in the current week and previous week
3 - Displays cost of consumption in the current month and previous month
4 - Displays historical data comprising monthly units consumed and cost of consumption
- Displays ‘Not Used’
- Displays tariff name, standing charge per day, active rate register(s) along with the consumption and cost per unit recorded in each rate register (Will provide Eco-7 readings: IMP R01 is the night read, and IMP R02 is the day read)
7 - Displays ‘Not Used’
8 - Displays ‘Not Used’
9 - Displays total import and export register values (will provide a total reading after IMP KWH)
0 - Performs display check and then displays date, time, load and CO2 data of the current hour and current day, yesterday, last week and last month (will show 'COMMISSION' instead if meter needs to be commissioned)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Or it didn’t start at zero...

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@LeslieAv 

The electric reading should have the words tot imp or total import on it, as @Gwyndy says if the meter is 3½ years old it won’t be reading 523 unless the house was empty or disconnected for a long period.

I’d expect a reading of maybe between 7000 and 10000 at least...

Userlevel 2

Thank you. We have just taken readings and they look much better and in line with previous.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

The electric meter reads in kWh, so that's fine, it's only the gas reading which is in m3, which is converted to kWh using a formula as detailed on page 2 of your statement.

They look like SMETS1 meters, which PP will eventually be able to read remotely

Userlevel 2

Is that for both the gas and electricity do you think?

Do you know whether this is a smart meter or not?

Thank you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@LeslieAv , according to this FAQ you press the 9 button and look for volume and m3

Userlevel 2

Thank you everyone.

Do you know how to scroll through the display @Duppy 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@LeslieAv .

The photo of the gas meter is showing usage as kWh, for meter readings you should look for and submit the m3 reading.

You will need to scroll through the display to find it,

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @LeslieAv 

I'm just an idiot, I'd read the numbers they show! I'm wondering what makes you doubt them? In your previous post you indicated you had moved in and switched to Pure Planet. At which point you presumably provided meter readings and photos? Was there a problem then? I'm assuming you've reached the point of being asked for your April readings... Presumably the numbers have changed since a month ago?

Look forward to an update, people will be keen to help further!!

Regards

Stephen

Hi @LeslieAv 

Well, I was going to have a go, but those readings look awfully low for meters fitted over 3 years ago, which has got me wondering whether either:

A: The house has been empty?

B: They’re on the wrong screens?

Hopefully someone with the same meters can advise.