Solved

METRE READING GAS

I have tried both on the phone app and my laptop to provide meter reading as requested as a new customer . There has been no problem with the electricity reading however it is not accepting a 5 digit gas reading? Message reads'Looks like too many numbers'. It is a digital reading and I always provided 5 digits when reading meter for previous provider
I have two days before the switch over - can anyone help?
icon

Best answer by woz 26 June 2020, 15:17

hmmm...is your meter in cubic metres or cubic feet?
I've not seen this one before, can you go to help and support in app or online when logged in , ask a question (wattbot) type message the team and ask PP to check this for you.
Also by chance have you received any email from PP asking for a photo of your meter showing the serial, it simply may not be reconciled to the account yet.
Don't panic I'm sure it will be sorted also take a photo of the meter anyway and attach it to your wattbot message above.
JCHT;56942:
I have tried both on the phone app and my laptop to provide meter reading as requested as a new customer . There has been no problem with the electricity reading however it is not accepting a 5 digit gas reading? Message reads'Looks like too many numbers'. It is a digital reading and I always provided 5 digits when reading meter for previous provider
View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hmmm...is your meter in cubic metres or cubic feet?
I've not seen this one before, can you go to help and support in app or online when logged in , ask a question (wattbot) type message the team and ask PP to check this for you.
Also by chance have you received any email from PP asking for a photo of your meter showing the serial, it simply may not be reconciled to the account yet.
Don't panic I'm sure it will be sorted also take a photo of the meter anyway and attach it to your wattbot message above.
JCHT;56942:
Thanks Woz.
​​​​​​​Its in cubic m
I've put in last 4 digits which system is accepting and also sent a photo . In addition i've sent readings to current provider so hopefully between them they can resolve problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi @JCHT
Thanks for the reply. It's appreciated. Let us know what happens?
Is the first digit a zero by any chance?
JCHT;57007:
Thanks Woz.
​​​​​​​Its in cubic m
I've put in last 4 digits which system is accepting and also sent a photo . In addition i've sent readings to current provider so hopefully between them they can resolve problem.

Hi my new meters readings electric 

Gas meters readings 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Muhammad imran ,

I think I see the problem. You are trying to enter the kWh reading as shown in the photo, you should enter the m3 reading. It will be an option if you scroll through the screens.

Sorry just noticed that photo is electric meter, and not even related to original post. Too early and not enough coffee.

I'll go back to sleep now 

Wow, these Smart meters don’t live to their names. Way too complicated and designed by geeks without concern for usability. I mean “press 9” - wtf?

Maybe I need my coffee to calm down. Bad design riles me! 😤

Hi my gas meters readings 

Hi my Electric meters readings 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Muhammad imran 

hi muhammad and welcome to the community.

you need to enter your readings in the app or online (when logged in), not in the community.

Is there a reason you’ve posted them here?

Gas meters readings 

Electric meters readings 

Hi @Muhammad imran 

The Community is separate to your energy account - to enter your meter readings, please head to your Pure Planet app, or log in at purepla.net, and select ‘send a meter reading’. 

Posting your readings on the Community won’t add them to your account. 

I’ve also replied to your direct message with your readings about this :thumbsup:

We also have more info on how to send your readings in our FAQs which may help :slight_smile: .