Solved

Meter replaced - incorrect readings - how to correct

• 27 September 2020
  • 17 replies

Please can you help? My meter was replaced by Southern Gas Networks (SGN) on 25 August (as part of a general upgrade in our road). The meter reading is, of course, now different from when I joined Pure Planet. When I provide my reading to Pure Planet it says - of course - it is incorrect and is continuning estimating based on the old reading track. SGN said they would notify my provider of the change - but this doesn’t seem to have happened, or at least have filtered through to my account. I have a record of the reading at changeover. Please advise how we can re-set the reading process. Many thanks. 

icon

Best answer by stephenrand 27 September 2020, 17:56

Hi @Muschamp 

Someone had the same issue a few months back

https://community.purepla.net/threads/8566-New-meter

Looks as if you need to contact Pure Planet and explain the situation. Go to Wattbot and put 'message the team' in the question box and then explain what's happened.

Hope you get it sorted quickly

Stephen

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Muschamp 

Someone had the same issue a few months back

https://community.purepla.net/threads/8566-New-meter

Looks as if you need to contact Pure Planet and explain the situation. Go to Wattbot and put 'message the team' in the question box and then explain what's happened.

Hope you get it sorted quickly

Stephen

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Muschamp 

and to add when you send your message include a photo of the front of the new meter if you can showing the meter serial number. It will have started from zero so once the changeover date is known it should be plain sailing...(as these things never are).

The company who changed the meter should have given you the final reading of the old meter, if you have it include that too (although that too should have been passed on).

I’ve just had the same problem, and I can’t get the customer help to accept a message - either on the Web or on the phone app. This is absolutely unacceptable from both sides, especially as I informed the company that this change was going to happen.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@DrDavid 

When you tried to send the message via Wattbot, did you start with Message the team, this is the way to get a response from a team member, usually within one working day

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @DrDavid when you say you can’t send it, you have to persist through the bot replies, is is not accepting your message if you do that?

I am trying to reply to an existing message string - I set this off in the middle of the week. At the moment all I get from both the Android app and the Web is that the message cannot be sent. I have been trying this all day - I have restarted the app, the phone and the PC - all to no effect.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I am trying to reply to an existing message string - I set this off in the middle of the week. At the moment all I get from both the Android app and the Web is that the message cannot be sent. I have been trying this all day - I have restarted the app, the phone and the PC - all to no effect.

There was an issue a while back where if you were in mid stream with a message it didn’t allow further posts, I wonder if it’s resurfaced, sorry this is one for the team to look at as it appears as far as I can tell that the issue lies at the PP end.

All I can suggest for the moment if you’re desperate you could send a direct message to @Marc or @Nataly 

or wait until Mon. when this will be picked up by one (or both) and the account team will have a look. as there’s nothing really so critical if it’s to do with your meter being changed they should receive all the readings and serials anyway and it will come out in the wash eventually, so I’d leave it until they contact you after seeing this.

OK, thanks.

I’ll hang fire for the moment and hope to get this sorted as soon as possible

Hey @DrDavid 

Hmm this is a weird one, since you were initially able to send and reply to messages on your WattBot chat. 

It may be a network issue - it’s worth trying to load the chat and reply when on your mobile data instead of on WiFi - especially if you have a VPN or proxy set up at home, as this can block chats from working. 
Let us know if that helps! 

I am not currently at home, so there are no VPNs or proxies enabled (I don’t use a proxy based firewall at home anyway).

I haven’t tried to connect today as I have been rather busy

Have now managed to update on the mobile app. Will wait for the response

I replied to the message stream, but I have still had no response and once again both the App and the Web page give me the problem sending the message.

I am getting very frustrated that it seems that they just can’t be bothered to respond to anything I put in

Frustrating @DrDavid,

Have a check see if my comments in this other thread help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@DrDavid 

I feel your frustration... 

Human replies can take a working day or 2, how long is it since you responded?

Hi 25 quid,

I’m actually in the middle of a conversation and I keep responding but they don’t. I would hope that I don’t need the “WattBot” to intercede every time I try to answer the questions I’m asked.

Hi Wos,

I was over the weekend, so that’s now 3 full working days without a response.

This should really be a very simple thing to fix - I have the readings if they don’t (and photos as well) but the total lack of response is making me wonder if the move was such a good idea.

Hi 25 quid,

I’m actually in the middle of a conversation and I keep responding but they don’t. I would hope that I don’t need the “WattBot” to intercede every time I try to answer the questions I’m asked.

Aha, well that is just down to the human at the end of the line being slow. They explicitly pass back to Wattbot once they stop listening. So, unless you missed that message, humans should still respond.

If you are unhappy at too slow response, you can raise a complaint to get some attention another way. For what it’s worth, your case does seem unusual though...