Solved

Meter Readings when you’re away

• 26 November 2018
  • 11 replies

I understand that if I’m away when meter readings are requested and I do not respond, my readings will be estimated. When I return I simply submit the next reading when requested.

If I’m going to be away for an extended period (maybe 3 months) should I tell Pure Planet and how do I do that?
icon

Best answer by woz 27 November 2018, 01:48

hi David, as said once you supply real readings the statement will correct itself.
Send a reading before you go and it wouldn't hurt to go to help type " message the team" and let them know, especially if the annual estimated usage is going to be skewed by your absence. If it isn't going to change much I wouldn't be too concerned but if the usage is going to drastically reduce because you aren't there I guess it's better that you ask for a note to be put on your account.
View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi Wheather Buoy,
This is my take on your situation, other members will make their comments to add and/or back my comments up.
Your direct debits are calculated on your expected energy usage for the whole year so I would expect any “estimated” usage would be based on those figures. Therefore, direct debits will continue as normal even when energy has been estimated. On your return, you’ll be entering actual usage and the system re alignes accordingly.
Have a good trip ????
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi David, as said once you supply real readings the statement will correct itself.
Send a reading before you go and it wouldn't hurt to go to help type " message the team" and let them know, especially if the annual estimated usage is going to be skewed by your absence. If it isn't going to change much I wouldn't be too concerned but if the usage is going to drastically reduce because you aren't there I guess it's better that you ask for a note to be put on your account.
Woz and David J thank you both for your helpful answers to aid a beginner. Best wishes
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
thank you for the thank you, it’s appreciated!
good luck with the travels, i hope it’s warm where you’re going.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Same from me - THANKS for the THANKS.
Travel safely Wheather Buoy.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
You both knew my pet hate was thanks for the thanks, you buggers 😂😂😂😂😂👎
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Oops, I am in the dog house now!
Bev, you have high standards indeed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
LOL 👉🐶🏕😂😂😂👏👏👏
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Oops, I am in the dog house now!
Bev, you have high standards indeed.

Another Oops from me, duplicate message, don’t know how that happened. Your NOT seeing DOUBLE Bev. Bye bye.
Userlevel 6
Bev;18116:
You both knew my pet hate was thanks for the thanks, you buggers

Umm, wish I could work it out, not that I'm a wind up merchant or anything 🆒
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Yes we don’t need you adding fuel to the fire thank you very much our Gil 😂😂😂😉