Solved

Meter readings submitted via app, but receive email saying no readings have been sent

• 24 July 2020
  • 9 replies

I sent my opening meter readings via the app a week ago and have now just received an email saying that I haven't sent any readings, even though they are showing up on the app. Has anyone else had this issue and know how to resolve it?

icon

Best answer by Marc 29 July 2020, 10:20

I sent my opening meter readings via the app a week ago and have now just received an email saying that I haven't sent any readings, even though they are showing up on the app. Has anyone else had this issue and know how to resolve it?

Hi @mazpez 

Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting.

Apologies for the confusion. We had a bug which meant we were asking for opening meter readings even though new people joining PP had already sent them. The bug’s been fixed.

If you go to your account and head to Menu > Tariff & Usage you’ll see your meter readings in the ‘Reading History’ section. :thumbsup:

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi

Did you take photos of your meters for your opening readings? 

If so, 

You need to send them and your message to the team directly via Wattbot.

if you go to the app and click on the 3 lines at the top right, then click on help, then ask Wattbot, 

Then you need to type in 'message the team' .

It will then offer you a few options of faq, if none apply - then click on the box that says 'message the team',

Then wait until you see the reply from Wattbot saying 'OK, I've passed our conversation to the team. Anything to add? Send it below and the team will see it.'

You can then type in your message (and any photos), then send it

Might take a couple of days to get back to you, but they will

Oh great, thanks so much for the detailed advice! :D

So do you have to send photos every time rather than just entering the numbers?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi

No, you don't need to send photos everything, just the 1st time. 

After that you can just enter your readings. 

Perfect! Thank so much for your help :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

No problem 👍

Hi @mazpez 

Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting.

Apologies for the confusion. We had a bug which meant we were asking for opening meter readings even though new people joining PP had already sent them. The bug’s been fixed.

If you go to your account and head to Menu > Tariff & Usage you’ll see your meter readings in the ‘Reading History’ section. :thumbsup:

Same here, sent my meter readings and just been sent an email saying I haven't sent them. Not a good start......

A bit of ropey setup it seems to me. I sent meter readings that I find months later were not registered 

Hey @n1968ick and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Whenever you switch suppliers, your opening readings are sent to go through an independent validation process, before being returned to both suppliers to use as your closing/opening readings - that’s to make sure you don’t pay for the same energy twice. 

Sometimes, the readings fail validation, and we’re sent estimates to use instead. It sounds like that may be what’s happened here? 

We have more info on why this happens and how estimated readings are calculated in our FAQs, which you may find useful!