Solved

Meter readings

• 5 September 2019
  • 1 reply

I was able to submit a meter reading for August (i spent most of August with my sick mum)so Pure Planet submitted an estimated reading on my behalf. I then got an email stating that they are upping my payments because of the meter reading that they estimated.
I was asked to submit a meter reading yesterday, which I did. A message popped up when I submitted the readings saying that thay were to low. They obviously estimated a higher reading for August than they should have done. Its impossible to contact Purple Planet to discuss this with them. Has anyone else had the same issue
icon

Best answer by stephenrand 5 September 2019, 08:13

Hi Shaun
As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community!

First, if you want to contact Pure Planet, the way to do it is to open the app, click on the three little bars top right hand corner, select Help, then choose Wattbot, put 'message the team' in the question box and then explain the problem. They promise to get back to you within one or two working days.

Second, lots of people get the pop-up saying that their reading seems low, it really just acts as a nudge to double check your reading.

Third, it's hard to know from the info you have given what has happened with your account. I'm pretty certain the suggestion your monthly direct debit should be increased won't be the result of one estimate. If you have been sending in a monthly reading for a few months the estimates are very accurate, in my experience. Your account is reviewed about every six months, and there will be a simple calculation as to whether your payments are likely to cover your usage.

So you can query the decision by contacting the team as I described. But if you have been sending in your readings regularly, you might find you are wasting your time and theirs.

The simple way to check is to look at your account balance. If it's very low or in debit, then your payments, logically, should go up. If it is in a healthy credit, around the equivalent of one month's direct debit payment, then contact Pure Planet.

Finally, remember that in the end you will only pay for the energy you have used.

Hope that helps
Stephen
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi Shaun
As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community!

First, if you want to contact Pure Planet, the way to do it is to open the app, click on the three little bars top right hand corner, select Help, then choose Wattbot, put 'message the team' in the question box and then explain the problem. They promise to get back to you within one or two working days.

Second, lots of people get the pop-up saying that their reading seems low, it really just acts as a nudge to double check your reading.

Third, it's hard to know from the info you have given what has happened with your account. I'm pretty certain the suggestion your monthly direct debit should be increased won't be the result of one estimate. If you have been sending in a monthly reading for a few months the estimates are very accurate, in my experience. Your account is reviewed about every six months, and there will be a simple calculation as to whether your payments are likely to cover your usage.

So you can query the decision by contacting the team as I described. But if you have been sending in your readings regularly, you might find you are wasting your time and theirs.

The simple way to check is to look at your account balance. If it's very low or in debit, then your payments, logically, should go up. If it is in a healthy credit, around the equivalent of one month's direct debit payment, then contact Pure Planet.

Finally, remember that in the end you will only pay for the energy you have used.

Hope that helps
Stephen