Solved

Meter Readings

• 20 July 2019
  • 6 replies

Hi All

Can anyone explain why when I submit a meter reading for gas and electric on the specified dates required does my bill and payments always go with Pure Planet’s estimated reading a couple of days later, which surprisingly, is a tad higher??

Curios🤔
icon

Best answer by Mavis1 20 July 2019, 17:46

Hi mimmins.

Hopefully this will help and be a bit clearer for you.

10th of the month email arrives asking for meter reading. So you enter requested reading.

12th of the month statement turns up by email with an estimated reading.

What happens is the reading given on the 10th has 2 days usage added to it taking your reading upto the 12th and this shows as the estimated part of the statement.

Importantly the reading you gave on the 10th will show on your statement. And the amout of the DD payment will not alter.
Change dates used to suit your needs they are only examples.
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi Mimmins
You'll find this question asked many times among these posts!
Your account has a monthly statement date, and is always estimated on that date. If you want to avoid estimates, simply give your readings on your statement date. Or, as it makes absolutely no difference to what you pay, give your readings whenever you find it convenient when you get your reminder!
Hope that makes sense
Stephen
stephenrand;33658:
Hi Mimmins
You'll find this question asked many times among these posts!
Your account has a monthly statement date, and is always estimated on that date. If you want to avoid estimates, simply give your readings on your statement date. Or, as it makes absolutely no difference to what you pay, give your readings whenever you find it convenient when you get your reminder!
Hope that makes sense
Stephen

Stephen

No, not really as I give the readings when my app prompts me to do your answer is a bit confusing to be honest!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi mimmins.

Hopefully this will help and be a bit clearer for you.

10th of the month email arrives asking for meter reading. So you enter requested reading.

12th of the month statement turns up by email with an estimated reading.

What happens is the reading given on the 10th has 2 days usage added to it taking your reading upto the 12th and this shows as the estimated part of the statement.

Importantly the reading you gave on the 10th will show on your statement. And the amout of the DD payment will not alter.
Change dates used to suit your needs they are only examples.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
"No, not really as I give the readings when my app prompts me to do your answer i?s a bit confusing to be honest!"

Sorry! Hopefully Jon1 has explained it better? The email reminder arrives and the app prompt first shows 3 days before your statement date. The email tells you your statement date. To avoid an estimate just wait to your statement date to give your readings.
By the way, it's not surprising the estimates are higher if you give your readings earlier - you will have used some more energy when your statement date arrives!
Just hoping we're making things clearer and not more confusing!!
Stephen
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Mimmins
...another explanation to add to the others..
Your statement is prepared on a fixed date every month, and in a perfect world PP would know exactly how much energy you have used on that date, but they don't know. They only know for sure how much energy you've used up to the last readings you have entered.
So...they have to guess or estimate how much energy you are going to use between when you entered those readings, and the statement date.
Does that help at all?
Mimmins;33656:
Hi All

Can anyone explain why when I submit a meter reading for gas and electric on the specified dates required does my bill and payments always go with Pure Planet’s estimated reading a couple of days later, which surprisingly, is a tad higher??

Curios������
Hi Mimmins , (love the name)

When we receive the email reminder from PP for our meter readings... it says "by" if you take this to mean "on" and then submit your readings "on" that date, then PP will not apply an estimate to your statement.

If you look in your App, under usage and check your readings history. At the moment you will see an "actual" reading when you submitted your reading, and an "estimated" reading on your account period date.
If you submit as I have indicated above, then you will only see "actual" readings.
I hope that I haven't confused you further.