Solved

Meter readings

• 5 January 2018
  • 8 replies

Why have you estimated my gas reading when all of the readings were sent to you on the same day?

This does not bode well for my first statement from you.

Please explain

Mike Shepherd
icon

Best answer by Gabolino 12 January 2018, 22:49

TonyR;2229:
I am jus about to switch and am getting a little nervous. I have been informed that I will be switched 29 Jan and also asked submit readings , which makes sense But I have also been informed that you will be taking my first Direct Debit payment on this date. Therefore in Feb I will be paying two bills one from my previous supplier for Jan and a payment to you before I have received any energy. I missing something??

Others have asked the same thing. Here's a thread I remember a about the same subject

https://community.purepla.net/threads/493-Paying-upfront?highlight=Payment+advance
View original

8 replies

Mmm this is a little concerning as I’m about to switch
Userlevel 5
Hi @Shep75,
I can ask our team to look into that. Could you tell me when you sent these readings and how long after this that you received a statement?
In reply to your recent response l would confirm that the meter readings
were sent, as requested, on January 1st. The statement arrived on January 3rd. Quite simply, why were the two electric readings recorded correctly and the gas reading estimated in your favour. All my readings were posted together. How can you get that wrong?
Userlevel 5
Hi @Shep75,
Readings submitted via the app can sometimes take around 5 days to be processed via our billing system. In your next statement, you should see your readings reflected there.
Your response to my question of meter readings was pathetic. If the readings were sent together how can you record only two of them accurately?

Do you think your customers are so docile that they will accept this action from a responsible supplier?
Userlevel 5
Hi @Shep75,
I think I misread what you said, I thought you had sent the gas reading later. I can look into this for you. Please be aware though, gas and electricity readings are processed in different ways by the energy industry. This may be why one was delayed, but let me find out more info if I can for you.

EDIT: FYI @Shep75, I have merged all of your posts into one thread so that we can more easily follow the conversation. Hope that helps!
I am jus about to switch and am getting a little nervous. I have been informed that I will be switched 29 Jan and also asked submit readings , which makes sense But I have also been informed that you will be taking my first Direct Debit payment on this date. Therefore in Feb I will be paying two bills one from my previous supplier for Jan and a payment to you before I have received any energy. I missing something??
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
TonyR;2229:

Others have asked the same thing. Here's a thread I remember a about the same subject

https://community.purepla.net/threads/493-Paying-upfront?highlight=Payment+advance