Meter readings

• 10 November 2018
  • 22 replies

I am unable to send a meter reading using the app it will not work at all the screen shows tap to edit and submit buttons none of them will work.
I have tried to uninstall the app and reinstall it no luck
The app is version 7.13
My phone is iPhone 6s
My first payment was 5/11/18
I have tried emailing my meter readings no luck there
If anyone can help that would be great
Regards Brian

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Brian
try restarting your phone and post back.
woz;16109:
hi Brian
try restarting your phone and post back.

Have tried restarting phone after reinstalling app no joy
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Brian
I'm at a loss because my setup is similar and seems OK (although not carried all the way through)

Is this the first time you've tried to enter readings on the app?
Has it failed after installing 7.13 and it worked previously?
Presumably you enter the Elec readings and the NEXT button becomes 'active' which allows you to the next page?
...and then you get a page with the same numbers but with Edit and Submit both not responsive but showing the readings you just entered?
Or have I misunderstood?
(I'm also wondering if it's not allowing you to submit because it doesn't like the readings..)

Can you post a screenshot?
No it will not let me enter anything the app takes me to send meter readings page were there are tap to change readings and a submit button both button do nothing at all and just hangs
Have tried uninstalling app updating OS restarting phone reinstalling app 7.13 again
Tried sending readings still the same
Also there is no information about the first payment that has been taken from my bank account
That’s for your help
Regards Brian
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
When you tap on the entry boxes to enter your readings your keyboard should appear, does that happen?
Are you then able to type into the boxes (see screenshot)
Are you able to post a screenshot?
Is this the first time you've tried to enter readings on the app?
Has it failed after installing 7.13 and it worked previously?

No the keyboard didn’t appear
Yes this is the first time trying to enter readings
I have never got it to work
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Well that's progress.
my theory is that the keyboard hasn't appeared because your device hasn't registered that you've tapped in the box where you need to enter the readings.
Try again and just keep tapping into the box maybe it will register.
at least that explains why you can't proceed further...
Brian 123;16161:
No the keyboard didn’t appear
Yes this is the first time trying to enter readings
I have never got it to work
Hi @Brian 123
Welcome to the community!
Thanks for posting.
It's odd that your keyboard isn't appearing in your app.
Have you got any security feature on the app, for eg a VPN? This might be the case if it's a workphone
I have the exact same problem as Brian 123. I am a new customer and have been asked to send my initial meter readings within the next 4 days as I'm meant to be on supply by 16 November. But I can't because when I tap "send a meter reading" I am taken to straight to the "Please have a final check of the numbers" page. No keyboard and zero possibility to enter the meter readings. Help?!
I have the exact same problem. Also wondering if I've made a terrible mistake as there is no one to contact or help out.
Hi @Khal
Welcome to the community!
Thanks for posting.
I've moved your two posts into one place so we don't end up with duplicate replies around the community, as that can be confusing for other Members.
What type of phone have you got? And which version of iOS or Android is it running?
Hi Marc, it's an iPhone 6 running the latest iOS 12.1. Have tried uninstalling/re-installing, rebooting etc. Also tried the app on my iPad (also running latest iOS 12.1) but having exactly the same problem: tapping "send meter reading" takes me straight to the "Ok. Please have a final check of the numbers" screen.
Cheers @Khal
Sorry for the hassle. I'll ask our tech team to have a look into it.
We'll get it sorted for you 🆙
Tried tapping the button no joy
And checked vpn settings this is not the problem looking forward to see what the tech team come up with
Regards Brian
I have the same problem as Khal on my Samsung. At least I know it is probably a fault with the app as other people have similar problems . I used to always send readings now I can't., and no phone number to call
Had an email today tell me that my meter readings have been received via a email that I sent in good
Not so good was the tech teams advice of log out and back into the app it’s the equivalent to turning it off and on again
Is this a episode of the IT crowd?
You can do better than this
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I highlighted this 3 days ago.
Brian 123;16563:
Had an email today tell me that my meter readings have been received via a email that I sent in good
Not so good was the tech teams advice of log out and back into the app it’s the equivalent to turning it off and on again
Is this a episode of the IT crowd?
You can do better than this

Hi @Brian 123
Hahaha I'm a fan of the IT Crowd. And yes the old 'turn it off and on again' line beloved by old-school IT is derided by most people.
For info though the reason we advise people to log out and back into their app is because if you've been using it a lot - say for example repeatedly trying to enter meter readings - in a short space of time, it will store/cache a lot of data.
Logging out and back in wipes a lot of this data so your app will be hogging less of your phone's power. Meaning it'll be faster.
🆙
Have tried the log out log in advice this didn’t work and the app still not working properly
No meter reading keyboard and no payment details that went out my back on the 5th this is not showing up or and details of my next payment please help Marc as this is no fun
Regards Brian
Khal;16233:
Hi Marc, it's an iPhone 6 running the latest iOS 12.1. Have tried uninstalling/re-installing, rebooting etc. Also tried the app on my iPad (also running latest iOS 12.1) but having exactly the same problem: tapping "send meter reading" takes me straight to the "Ok. Please have a final check of the numbers" screen.

Hi @Khal
This should be OK now. There was an error in the way your account had been set up.
All sorted now 🆙
I want to advise my meter readings to pure planet NOW
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Mikeandsuelamble
hello Mike and Sue, or Sue and Mike
Have you tried to enter the readings into the app?