Solved

Meter Readings

• 18 October 2017
  • 7 replies

Does anyone know if there is a way to send meter readings via email? I've been told I need to send mine by the 19th October but my phone is broken so I can't access the app...

Tried signing on using my partner's phone but all they did was send a link asking me to open it on my phone...

Thanks,
H
icon

Best answer by GabrieL 19 October 2017, 18:11

Thanks @HM28. That's really helpful, but it's also kind of weird!

All makes sense until this step:

However, when I tried to log into the app on my partner's phone, it asked me to check my emails as an additional security check, rather than enter my password.

Our account verification system is not password based, instead we use email verification, which we find more secure and convenient.

Now, what happens after that it's not something I've seen before. I've tried the same thing from a friend's phone and it all works – I also tried forwarding the email.

Maybe you have already done so, but could you please confirm your partner has the Pure Planet app installed in his Phone?

Many thanks. Good news is we already have your meter!
View original

7 replies

Hi @HM28, thanks for visiting the Pure Planet Community!

If your partner has the Pure Planet app installed on his/her phone you should be able to log in your account by tapping on the email link.

Could you please try that? If that doesn't work we'll find an alternative way for you to send us the reading.

Keep me posted!
Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've tried that but I keep getting the same message asking me to open the link on my phone.

Do you have an alternative?

Thanks,
H
No problem, @HM28. We are here to help!

Just checking, but have you tapped on the email link by any chance? I've just done the same thing with a friend's phone and it was all fine.

Otherwise I can send you a dm with an email address where you can send the reading to.

Thanks for checking!
Yep, I've tried that, sorry! Not sure if it's something I've done wrong.

Please could you DM me an email?

Thanks,
H
No worries @HM28. I'd like to get to the bottom of this issue. So I'd be very grateful if you could share with me the steps you follow to open the app from your partner's device.

I'll send you a DM now!
No problem at all, I'll take you through step-by-step.

I had an email from you guys on the 14th October asking me to enter my meter readings into the app by the 19th October in preparation for getting the account set up.

Because my phone is broken, I couldn't access the app so I decided to try downloading the app on my partner's phone and logging into my account.

However, when I tried to log into the app on my partner's phone, it asked me to check my emails as an additional security check, rather than enter my password.

I received the email, which asked me to open a link on my phone but I couldn't do this because my phone's not working.

So, I decided to try forwarding the email to my partner so he could open it on his phone.

However, whenever I tried to open the email on his phone, I received a screen asking me to open the link on my phone.

Hope this makes sense!

Thanks,
H
Thanks @HM28. That's really helpful, but it's also kind of weird!

All makes sense until this step:

Our account verification system is not password based, instead we use email verification, which we find more secure and convenient.

Now, what happens after that it's not something I've seen before. I've tried the same thing from a friend's phone and it all works – I also tried forwarding the email.

Maybe you have already done so, but could you please confirm your partner has the Pure Planet app installed in his Phone?

Many thanks. Good news is we already have your meter!