14/06 -14965.2 You readin
Why you count more than I tell you?
How should I pay my debt now?
If I give you 12, please calculate on 12 and not calculate example of wear
Regards
Slaw
icon

Best answer by georginabutcher 15 June 2019, 08:40

I find the best thing to do is read meter on the day its actually billed from. My meter reading and bill date is the 9th so if i send my reading on the morning of the 9th generally there is no estimate used 😁😁
View original

9 replies

I find the best thing to do is read meter on the day its actually billed from. My meter reading and bill date is the 9th so if i send my reading on the morning of the 9th generally there is no estimate used 😁😁
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Good morning slaw,

Welcome to this community forum supported by US the customers.
Even though you are not directly posting to PP they set this platform up including all the support info.

The APP wisely prompts US for a meter read 3 days in advance of our statement date so we do not forget. But WE can send meter reads frequently inside the APP allowing 24 hours until you can submit again. I send my reads on the moon prompt if I remember to look, plus I may send my reads on the statement date (joining anniversary) so that my bill is not estimated when it arrives the following day. A few days of estimations is JUST a few pence. Your direct debit will not change and PP does not require any changes to the payment structure. It all pans out and you only pay for what you use. This applies to all other suppliers and is not unique to PP.
The moon prompt is just a reminder so the we remain on track. It's cool!

Hope this assists - the community is always here to assist

NB
If you ever need to contact PP use the help facility inside the APP
Open wattBot and make sure you first type "Message the Team"
​Post you question and look back in the APP for a response a day or two later.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi slaw
Your statement is produced on the same day of the month every month.
If you read the meter some days before then PP have to estimate how much energy you will use from when you read it to the date the statement is produced, so the nearer to the statement date you read it the more accurate the statement will be.
I usually submit mine 2 days after I get the email.
If there are estimated readings on the statement THIS IS NOT A CAUSE FOR CONCERN, they will correct on the next reading.
The important part is that the readings you've submitted should appear on the statement. Do they?

​Sorry I don't understand the last line, what does it mean, 12 what, readings? You can submit readings as often as you like, most find once a month is adequate.

slaw;31341:
12/06 -14944 I gives for You
14/06 -14965.2 You readin
Why you count more than I tell you?
How should I pay my debt now?
If I give you 12, please calculate on 12 and not calculate example of wear
Regards
Slaw
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi slaw
I forgot to address the debt question, your monthly direct debit is fixed, so the figure on the statement makes no difference, and the statement will correct itself when new real readings are submitted.
Is that what you meant by "how should I pay my debt now" ? (the difference in price between the two readings is only Β£3, but like I said it will correct itself)
Badge +2
Indeed I normally submit mine a couple of days after I get the e-mail reminder prompt. But it will correct itself by the following month if it's a little out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
I usually find if I only send my readings on the reminder prompt that the 3 days PP estimates is close to if I had submitted myself.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I wondered if his first name was Cole...
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Haha I thought the same and stopped myself...as I'm attempting not to discourage the customer base.
But saying that, its become trendy by missing out the first bit...if its nicely prepared it all tastes good no what you call it.

Sorry Slaw just some Sunday banter - whats your recipe.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘