Meter reading

• 14 April 2019
  • 8 replies

Hi was waiting to submit my meter reading but no sign on the application..please advise

8 replies

Hi @Sulimanahmed,
Welcome to the community. PP will usually let you know when a meter reading is due. When it does, the app will change accordingly to allow it.
If you are concerned that the reading is overdue, just use the app to let PP know. To do this, go to help section in the app, go to wattbot, then type in message the team. You can then explain your concern and they will get back to you via msg within a couple of days.
Hope this helps.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Sulimanahmed
reading between the lines of your posts, if you don't have the option to enter readings yet it sounds like your account is still being set up.
Were you able to communicate with anyone re your previous messages?
This looks to have been going on for a while, I have no idea why. Perhaps they are having difficulty establishing your opening readings?
I'm sure one of the team will be in contact with you.

Sulimanahmed;27632:
Hi was waiting to submit my meter reading but no sign on the application..please advise
Sulimanahmed;27632:

Hi @Sulimanahmed
I'm not 100% sure from your post but I think it sounds like you're expecting to see something on an In-Home Display? If you're recently switched to PP and you've got smart meters, these will become 'dumb' and not relay info to your IHD. They are plans to install new smart meters or make existing ones smart again but for now you'll need to take the readings from the actual meters, not the IHDs.

Hope this helps 🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Sulimanahmed

I'm unclear what the actual problem is, are you saying that when you click on "send a meter reading" in the app, you aren't getting a screen which allows you to enter the numbers from your electric meter?
or have I misunderstood?
Not getting screen to allow me putting the numbers
Sulimanahmed;27663:
Not getting screen to allow me putting the numbers

Hi @Sulimanahmed
Check out this FAQ on how to send a meter reading.
If that doesn't work, it might be a tech issue. What make/model of phone are you using?
Hi Marc ..iam due to give a meter reading yesterday and i was told an icon will appear in the application to allow you to put the numbers in ..yet it does not seem to be that icon is there
Please help
Sulimanahmed;27666:
Hi Marc ..iam due to give a meter reading yesterday and i was told an icon will appear in the application to allow you to put the numbers in ..yet it does not seem to be that icon is there
Please help

What happens if you tap on the menu @Sulimanahmed ?
Can you see the 4th option in the list - 'Send a meter reading' ?