Meter reading

• 16 October 2018
  • 9 replies

Hello.
You asked me to send my meter readings. My device only asked for gas meter readings, not electric. I thought I would send both to you at the same time. I have sent gas reading, please advise.

9 replies

Hi @Harvey house
That suggests you're gas only and that your electricity is being supplied by someone else.
Are we definitely your electricity supplier?

yes. I just moved house and switched to you for both gas and electric, but only asked for gas meter reading.

Hi @SonyaL

Taking the fact you appear to have answered @Marc’s question to @Harvey house out of the equation for the moment.

You say you ‘just moved house.’

Were Pure Planet the ‘deemed supplier’ when you moved in, and you ‘switched’ to Pure Planet by moving in?

or 

Was someone else the ‘deemed supplier’ and you applied to switch to Pure Planet?

Kindest Regards
Gwyndy

pure planet were not my supplier or supplying the house that I moved in to. I chose to use them to supply my gas and electricity and I am already regretting it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @SonyaL

Depending on when you switched, sometimes it is a matter of timing, as for some reason both supplies rarely switch at the same time. Have you had an email informing you that there is a problem?. Try contacting PP via Wattbot, type message the team and ask there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

pure planet were not my supplier or supplying the house that I moved in to. I chose to use them to supply my gas and electricity and I am already regretting it.

@SonyaL 

hi Sonya

I know time is precious, but this will get sorted if there is a problem (I think there may be because the electric usually goes first)

I’m wondering…

Were both supplies with the same provider before you switched?

If you know who your original supplier is have you contacted them and asked if the electric has switched?  If not that might be a good starting point.

The possibility that struck me (it shouldn’t happen) is that one part of the switch may have been blocked, normally that would prevent the entire switch until the block was lifted, but if the suppliers were separate, or if there was a glitch and half the switch was allowed to happen that’s a possibility.

Post back?

there is no reason why a switch would be blocked.

I find it baffling that there is no customer service with this supplier that I can contact. that you, as customers, are answering my queries is very generous and kind, and baffling.

the bot did not reply to my queries.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

there is no reason why a switch would be blocked.

I find it baffling that there is no customer service with this supplier that I can contact. that you, as customers, are answering my queries is very generous and kind, and baffling.

the bot did not reply to my queries.

hi Sonya, there is customer service, if you use help and support in app or online when logged in,  persist through any instant bot replies. Replies from customer service are not instant, they can take a WORKING day or 2. The bot will say your message has been passed to the team, if you didn’t get a reply to say your message has been passed to the team go back to wattbot, type message the team and your message. You will get a reply.

I was musing on why it might have failed, some suppliers block until they know who you are and you agree to pay them, it’s very common with deemed customers (which you are when you move into a property) and it was only a guess, but have you contacted the previous supplier to check if they think everything has switched?

Also, community admin @Marc or @Nataly will be along on Monday and read this.

Hey @SonyaL 

I checked this out with our Member Services team - it seems there’ve been some issues with switching your supplies - Ceri from the team emailed to let you know, and she’s sending you the latest update on this now so just look out for another email from her:relaxed:

Don’t worry, the team have been able to sort any issues so you’re still coming on supply with us - but you aren’t on supply yet. 

As @Gwyndy noted, you will have become a deemed customer of whoever supplied the property when you moved in - so you’d need to pay them for energy used from when you moved in, to when you switch to us. I hope that helps!