Solved

Meter reading

• 20 October 2017
  • 10 replies

I can't see an option in the app under my account for meter readings. However I have only just joined pp, is this something added later?
icon

Best answer by GabrieL 23 October 2017, 11:08

I've spoken to the team, and they've confirmed you just signed up. This is relevant because the 'submit meter reading' option in the app becomes available 5 days before SSD (Supply Start Date) as we can't use any readings sent before that time.

This is why this button is not showing on your phone yet, but It'll do so shortly!.

As for when to send us a meter reading, don't worry we'll let you know.

This is what you will see:

View original

10 replies

Hi @Green energy! Hope you are having a good weekend!

Your app should for sure have that option. Please tap here for a quick guide on how to send meter readings.

Do make sure you have the latest version. You can easily check this by going to your app store and see if there are any updates available.

Let us know how you get on.
I don't have the option either on my screen. I've only just signed up though so is it something that will be added when the switch over is complete?
There are 4 options on the page and the last one is my payments and it won't let me scroll down any further to a meter reading option. I have checked for a newer version of the app and I have the latest.
There is definitely no meter reading option on my app

GabrieL;677:
Hi @Green energy! Hope you are having a good weekend!

Your app should for sure have that option. Please tap here for a quick guide on how to send meter readings.

Do make sure you have the latest version. You can easily check this by going to your app store and see if there are any updates available.

Let us know how you get on.
Thanks for confirming @Green energy.

Then you definitely are on a previous version of the app. Could you please go to the app store and upgrade? I'm sure that'll solve it.
I am on version 6.0.7 installed on October 19. There is no option to upgrade on Google Play and no meter reading option under My Account

GabrieL;683:
Thanks for confirming @Green energy.

Then you definitely are on a previous version of the app. Could you please go to the app store and upgrade? I'm sure that'll solve it.
I've spoken to the team, and they've confirmed you just signed up. This is relevant because the 'submit meter reading' option in the app becomes available 5 days before SSD (Supply Start Date) as we can't use any readings sent before that time.

This is why this button is not showing on your phone yet, but It'll do so shortly!.

Thank you, that's helpful to know
GabrieL;690:
All right. That's definitely unusual.

No worries, @Green energy. If you have any issues with this in the future let us know!
GabrieL;704:
No worries, @Green energy. If you have any issues with this in the future let us know!

To confirm I do now have the meter reading option on the app
Good to hear @Green energy, thanks for updating us. Do you have any other questions?

Take a look at some recent discussions in our Sustainability News and Views section too.