Solved

meter reading

• 16 August 2021
  • 5 replies

I'm told my gas meter reading is low - but it is what I see at the meter; what can I do?

icon

Best answer by Antski 16 August 2021, 19:09

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2

Have you tried submitting the question via the bot? You have a way of having that sent to the team so they can get back to you

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I'm told my gas meter reading is low - but it is what I see at the meter; what can I do?

hi @Cmt 

Submit it and don’t worry, it’s just the algorithm used by PP  to get you to check you haven’t misread or entered the wrong figure, isn’t very clever.

(You are reading the meter on the wall aren’t you?)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As long as you're sure that is the true reading....just submit it

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You've just used less gas than PPs clever computer models think you should have used, your Actual reading is a bit off what they have estimated it ought to be. It's fine, as long as you are sure you've read it correctly, just submit your reading.

Hello @Cmt 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! Some fab advice here from @Angelabikerbabe@afrapp32, @Antski and @woz.

If in doubt you can send the team a photo of your meter reading so they can double check it for you. To do this go to ‘help’ in the app or website then ‘ask a question’ type ‘message the team’ along with a description of what’s happened and the photo. Also, you could always double check for any decimal points when taking a reading. 

I hope this helps!