Solved

Meter move co-ordination with DNO

• 20 October 2020
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 1

I need to move my supply from the back wall of the property to a side wall. UK Power networks couldn’t be more helpful, and have given me a site visit date, estimate and time to completion of the works all within 24 hours, which is impressive. Now I need to get PP to attend on the afternoon of the day that UKPN have carried out the move, and they warn me that if they have to move the date once I’ve agreed it with them, I get to pay an admin fee and go back to the end of the queue. So I need PP to be just as quick and straightforward. Has anybody had any experience of doing this with PP? So far I’ve tried asking the question on the Wattbot bit of the app, and just get a continued and rather tiresome ‘Error - can’t send this message’, so failed at the first hurdle.  I need to set a date within the next four weeks, so I can’t really wait two weeks for an answer. Any clues anybody?

icon

Best answer by Gwyndy 21 October 2020, 01:27

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @Andrewmcd 

(obviously!) you shouldn’t  be getting an error. You will get bot replies but you have to persist until it says your message has been sent to the team. I know PP are busy and the reply could take up to 3 days*  but you should still be able to send (*which eats into your keep me happy time...).

You aren’t using a vpn are you?

A can’t be sent error may be a network issue (yours or theirs)

Not sure if you’re in app or online whichever one you are, log in and try the other.

If all else fails you’ll need to DM @Marc or @Nataly and ask if they can ask the team to progress this for you, but you really need to have help and support working properly as the key to this.

Userlevel 1

Ta. No VPN and everything else working like clockwork here, or I wouldn’t have posted (!) but will keep trying and log in and out a couple of times. Thanks  for your help,

A

Why are UK Power not moving the meter as well as the cutout. 

Uk Power should move the cutout and entire piece of kit, meters included from one location to the other. 

PP to my knowledge are not a Meter Operator and not responsible for the meters they are only an Electricity Supplier.

I may be stating the obvious but presumably you have some form of connection from the old meter location / consumer unit to the new position for after the relocation.

Hi @Andrewmcd 

Did you follow the instructions here?

https://community.purepla.net/emergencies-and-meter-issues-46/move-my-meter-10345

Userlevel 1

THanks for all these helpful responses. Yes, I understand that PP will only be getting their contractor (Magnum) to move the actual meter, and yes, I have an electrician standing by and very clear arrangements with UKPN, and yes, I have done the Help and Support route on the app. What I have not got is any answer from PP since 21/10 to my request for some sort of arrangement for a meter move date. I have been following up intermittently, but a pause of 8 or 9 days between question and answer is not really supportable when there are three organisations to co-ordinate - and the other two generally reply within two hours! Disappointing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Andrewmcd Disappointing, I hope PP reach out to you very soon

@Marc ?

Hey @Andrewmcd Sorry to hear this. I’ve flagged it with our Member services team so they can find out what the latest is, and let you know of course :thumbsup:

Userlevel 1

Many thanks, hope to hear soon!

A

Hi Andrew, did you manage to resolve this issue? I’m having exactly the same problem. I have builders on site and UK power networks gave me an appointment that I can’t now keep because PP are totally unresponsive - other than taking their fee for the meter move. I’ve messaged them and sent a complaint but it’s been days since they messaged me last, which was just to give me their bank details for paying the fee the meter move. I‘m starting to feel like I’m being scammed. I don’t think you can realistically run an energy company using a seemingly unmanned email account and no phone support. 

Hi @ClareH 

Iain from our Member services team is chasing this up for you. It does look like Magnum are having to juggle changes to planned work on a daily basis - due to Covid-19 of course - but you should’ve been better informed of progress. Sorry about that. 

Userlevel 1

Hi ClareH & Marc - yes, I seem to be on track at the moment, and I’m expecting a site inspection from Magnum tomorrow, and have the actual appointment booked in for 7/12. The routine seems to be cries for help on this site, followed by a community manager’s intervention, then emails alerting you to the fact that there’s a message on the app for you, which is a longish way round the barn and took far too long to get up to steam, with the result that all this will be happening two weeks after my builders will have finished everything else. But I did sign up in the first place on the basis that customer service was not 100%, as it depends entirely on online rather than phone responses, so it wasn’t entirely a surprise that things were a little complex and frustrating.

It’s also worrying that I’ve paid some money over and haven’t actually got anything in writing or seen any evidence from the contract5ors that they know where I am or when to expect them tomorrow, so I’m keeping fairly cautious. The contrast with the brilliant response and action from the UK Power Netowrors team is very stark. Good luck! At least you only ever change your meter aboiut twice in a lifetime.

A

Thanks so much for your reply and best of luck tomorrow.  Please keep us informed of how it goes.  I’m having to do unnecessary interim wiring while PP gets its act together. They say digital support means not hanging on the phone, but right now I’d take all the musak they could send my way…. what a waste of time and effort when I was hoping switching to an eco brand would be a good thing… good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

. The contrast with the brilliant response and action from the UK Power Networks team is very stark. 

@Andrewmcd 

Nicely written (apart from the typo)

I genuinely hope PP take this and your other comments to heart, and make some meaningful changes to their processes. I suggested dedicated wattbot section for meter moves etc. which they have  to their credit taken on board, but it has to be married with rapid and apposite responses, customer feedback/communication and eventually action (in fairness I can’t blame them for Magnum’s shortcomings)  

It seems there is some way to go yet….especially on the communication front, but on the plus side they do listen...

Keep us up to date, good luck.

Hi @ClareH 

Iain from our Member services team is chasing this up for you. It does look like Magnum are having to juggle changes to planned work on a daily basis - due to Covid-19 of course - but you should’ve been better informed of progress. Sorry about that. 

Hi Marc, Iain has not been in touch. The only meaningful communication I’ve had from PP now is a message asking me to BACS money into your bank account for this meter move and even that stage took valuable days to arrange, but like your other customer points out, I have no paperwork to show what I’ve paid you for and no one has been in touch with me to arrange the work.
What is going on? 
Your bot asks me if I’ve missed a call from you (if only) and then says don’t call us we’ll call you. 
I am now wasting money wiring the house differently until I get the meter moved and wondering if my only option is to switch back to a functioning energy company, but I have already paid PP for this work.

Hi Marc, Iain has not been in touch. The only meaningful communication I’ve had from PP now is a message asking me to BACS money into your bank account for this meter move and even that stage took valuable days to arrange, but like your other customer points out, I have no paperwork to show what I’ve paid you for and no one has been in touch with me to arrange the work.
What is going on? 

Hi @ClareH I’ve checked this out wiht our Member services team. Felix from the team emailed you yesterday, and he’s had your reply, too.

He’s now liasing with Magnum to come out and do the work. I think it’s because you got in touch on 11 Nov asking for a meter move for 23 Nov as your DNO are coming out that day, it doesn’t give Magnum that much time to arrange it. They’re struggling with effect of Covid-19 a bit.

But of course we get that you should have been kept informed of progress, and we’re looking into how we can improve on that. :thumbsup:As @woz has alluded to above, there’s some improvements we’re adding to WattBot to address specific requests for meter work to be carried out, which will make life easier for our Members. We know there’ll be more coming, as more people are making the switch to EVs.

When Felix gets the Magnum confirmation he’ll email you again.