messagethe team

  • 3 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Is getting an electric car. The meter and supply  tails need to be 25 millimetres At present its 10 millimetres.  How do I increase this? Can you do it orca I get an electrician 



Best answer by woz 3 September 2021, 14:01

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@MML  You will also need to have an isolation switch fitted at the same time (speak and possibly have your main fuse upgraded if it isn’t already to a 100A (or 80A if that isn’t possible - sometimes it isn’t)

An electrician can change the tails from the meter to the consumer unit (fuseboard) but you would need the dno to pull the main fuse, you may not need to change those if the split for the EV is taken before that.

I think you may have misunderstood the message the team instruction? Use that when logged into your account (not the community, but your PP account) go to help>ask a Q in your account when logged in.