Solved

Membership fee

Userlevel 1

Is that correct, you pay £7 per month membership fee per Fuel?

icon

Best answer by Bev 2 April 2021, 17:48

It’s whats usually termed the standing charge by other providers, @Membernew . It’s just another name for it, and charged by ALL companies. 

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It can vary per tariff, I pay £8 per fuel, and as I’m electric only, this is £8 per month. Each tariff varies but it’s around £7 - £8 per fuel, per month, yes.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Bev, that was never mentioned in the Tariff info when I signed my Brother up via Uswitch. He is on Dual fuel, that is £168 a year, for what?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It’s whats usually termed the standing charge by other providers, @Membernew . It’s just another name for it, and charged by ALL companies. 

Userlevel 1

Thank you , phew ... I thought I had jumped into a volcanoe from the frying pan .

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Not at all, a very transparent company, and hopefully your brother will be very happy here 👍😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks Bev, that was never mentioned in the Tariff info when I signed my Brother up via Uswitch. He is on Dual fuel, that is £168 a year, for what?

hi @Membernew 

hopefully this ↑ will set your mind at rest

Userlevel 1

Thank you for taking the time to explain this to me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Membernew 

Just to mention that the dual fuel tariffs come with a £30 per year discount (£15 per fuel)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Oh yes, thanks Duppy 👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Membernew 

and also to add that the standing charge or mem fee amount can depend on how you join, it  varies depending on whether it’s fixed or variable and can vary whether it’s a direct or comparison site tariff or special deal 

For example on some tariffs it was previously £5.50 pcm per fuel (less dual discount of £30 pa), it’s now £6.25 on the fixed tariff which is £120/year.

It was or is a way of offering a slightly lower annual cost without tweaking unit prices.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

It is where PP gets its running costs and profit from charging us the price it pays for gas and electricity. A much more transparent and nicer way of doing things. If anything I would say more honest.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I read in the paper today that some suffer a standing charge of just over £1 per day. Usary.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😡😡😡👎👎👎Extortion!