Solved

Managing deceased persons property

The system is not allowing me to submit final readings or amend. Just hangs and stays on the same page. I need to finalise the amounts asap for the proceeds to be accurate

icon

Best answer by woz 22 July 2021, 17:57

@AKR4736 I think I can see what’s happened here

There isn’t a close option as such, if you are administering the account through the normal channels rather than the bereavement form. You need to complete the moving out section.

The bereavement option is primarily for when a relative or executor transfers the account, and continues to administer until sold.

View original

19 replies

Hi @AKR4736,

Sorry for your loss.

Maybe there is a temporary glitch? Could you fully close the app (orrestart your browser) and try again perhaps. Otherwise, perhaps you could screenshot (or describe) what page is hanging? Plus what device you are using please...

There is more general info on your situation in this recent thread:

I did that, tried it on my phone app as well as computer

It is the last submit page

I just want them to use the last readings I entered this morning and close the account, get a statement  and get any refunds due to finalise the ‘ estate’ 

Sometimes the Next button hides behind the keyboard. Tapping just outside of the area where you type the reading can reveal the magic carry on button.

Otherwise a screenshot would help us see what’s going wrong…

PS make sure to follow the FAQ for any other necessary steps to complete the closure.

Hi @AKR4736 

Welcome to the community.

I’ve just tested the web form and it worked fine for me, using Chrome on a Windows laptop, and on mobile. But I did notice that some of the text fields are quite faint and easily missed. I’ve flagged it with our web team.

Did you def fill in all the fields? It’s possible if you missed one it has ‘errored’. 

Hi. 

I also used chrome on a laptop as well as the phone app. No fields appeared. , nothing not even faint. 
mate we sure we are in the same firm? 
can so robe manually take the info and resolve this. It is the only thing holding everything up ? 

I thought you were submitting a reading and that was failing. @Marc linked to a dedicated form for bereavement.

Sorry to ask again, but which are you having trouble with?

I submitted readings. I then went to the ‘move’ option as it was my fathers house and we ha e now sold it. There wasn’t a ‘close’ option which is more relevant. The move page asked for readings again. But nothing came up on the screen and submit button didn’t react 

how can I close the account and get a statement and refund if relevant. This is tami g up too much time now. Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@AKR4736 I think I can see what’s happened here

There isn’t a close option as such, if you are administering the account through the normal channels rather than the bereavement form. You need to complete the moving out section.

The bereavement option is primarily for when a relative or executor transfers the account, and continues to administer until sold.

I dont know why you closed the conversation. The advice did not help

Here is whats happening, whilst going through the move process, second page says if you are happy with the final numbers hit submit.  Also a button to amend

on this page no numbers are shown, nothing at all. Hit amend nothing happens, hit submit nothing happens therefore I have not had  a confirmation email . Going round in circles 

Also, I will have a penalty it seems. Shame, I didnt realise when my Dad was going to die before December 2021 and switched elsewhere !

Thank you but I understand that and I am using the close option.  FYI  I haven't been anywhere near the bereavement since I was bereaved last year .

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Your previous post is still open. It allows people to comment on it 

Also, I will have a penalty it seems. Shame, I didnt realise when my Dad was going to die before December 2021 and switched elsewhere !

I suspect this is because, at least so far as I understand what you’ve posted between two threads, Pure Planet believe that you are the original account holder moving out - not the person dealing with their estate.

The account was closed the opened via the bereavement form. I have been paying a£85 pm from my bank account using my log in details. 
I think it is a system issue 

They should have a proper bereavement option. Not get round the system via “ moving out” process. Either way, I could not complete the submission because of the system. At times like this people have enough to deal with and need faster support if things go wrong 

You seem to have an answer in your other thread. Although it’s quite had to keep track with the story spread between two places.

Yes, Thats because someone closed the one thread when it wasnt resolved so had to open another

Yes, Thats because someone closed the one thread when it wasnt resolved so had to open another

Threads, generally speaking are not ‘closed’ even when they are marked as ‘resolved’ - there are threads here that are years old which have not been closed. The threads may have been merged into one, or may have temporarily become unavailable during the recent forum upgrades.

To quote the announcement from Tuesday

Hi everyone, 

We just wanted to let you know that we’ll be working on the Community throughout Wednesday 21 July and Thursday 22 July. You may spot different parts of the Community changing, while we work through each update. It may look a bit out of sync for a while - bear with us! :smile:

We’ll be introducing some updated Pure Planet brand colours to the Community, as well as new icons and badges. Thanks to everyone who voted in our poll for which badges you’d like to see used

We’ll also be introducing a new Community navigation menu, an updated ideas section, and a new Product Updates section. You can read more about them here.

While we work on migrating all posts to their new homes, you may notice the old Ideas Board isn’t accessible, and that some posts have moved out of our Latest News section. Don’t worry - we aren’t removing any posts, just shuffling them around slightly.

Thanks for your patience while we update the Community. We’ll also be mopping up any bugs or bits that’ve been missed in the days following, so please feel free to add to the replies below with your feedback, or anything you spot that you think needs our attention, after the work’s complete on Thursday. :thumbsup:

Today your two threads have been merged by some helper elf. No threads are ever closed!

I’ve read through this again and still am uncertain as to the trap you have fallen into. Maybe you used the bereavement form and now you’re trying to sort out readings to make follow up payments?

If you still own the property you have to keep paying until the new occupant takes over. There is no close option. You can switch to another supplier.

Maybe PP will be able to help you directly so in the app tap Help then Ask a Question. Now tell the Wattbot machine your situation. It likely won’t understand, so type Message the team to get the attention of a real human.

They should reply in a few days.