Login broken, suggest you don’t log off until it’s fixed

• 6 October 2018
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 8963 replies
I’ve been unable to login once logged out on two different desktop pcs, the login button is effectively unresponsive and does not generate a login email.
I suggest not logging out until it’s fixed.
Fortunately I was able to post this as not logged out on my mobile.
edit: now wondering if it’s broken for potential new members, can’t test but time will tell...

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Since no one has replied, I’m going to have a conversation with myself!
As I see it if the problem isn’t fixed then anyone who has logged off won’t be able to get back in to post.
Could someone with a current login on their ‘phone or tablet, and who also has a pc, on which they aren’t currently logged in to the community, have a go at logging in on the pc- don’t log out on the device, that will stay logged in.
thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
There was a song by the Kaiser Chiefs....
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
I'm logged on with my phone. Can do the test in my computer and let you know

- - - Updated - - -

Hey @woz you are right, log in button on auth.purepla.net isn't responding. Can't log back in on desktop.

@Marc Would like to know about this
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
thanks gab, already dm’d m
Gabolino;12821:
I'm logged on with my phone. Can do the test in my computer and let you know

- - - Updated - - -

Hey @woz you are right, log in button on auth.purepla.net isn't responding. Can't log back in on desktop.

@Marc Would like to know about this
Hi @woz @Gabolino
This is affecting desktop only right?
Phone and tablet OK.
Is it the 'auth' window that has an unresponsive login button?
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Marc;12834:
Hi @woz @Gabolino
This is affecting desktop only right?
Phone and tablet OK.
Is it the 'auth' window that has an unresponsive login button?

Haven't tried on my phone in case I'm not able to log back in! But I guess via the app everything should be fine, this happens when you use the the log in route via the community.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll log out from my phone and see what happens. If you don't hear from me you know the outcome ;)

- - - Updated - - -

So, I can log on and off the app, and I can sign in the community from the app.

What I cannot do is login to the community using the community log in route. I guess this also applies to anyone trying to register directly to the community.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Similarly I didn’t want to log out in case, so that’s helpful, i’m still logged in on app.Yes the login page online is unresponsive.
Thanks @Gabolino and @woz
The app route works. It's an issue affecting browser route. Our tech team will investigate- but at least the app route to the community isn't affected.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
All works ok on phone have logged out and into both my accts today no problem
Good morning @woz @Gabolino @Jon1
Just to let you now that our tech team are looking at this issue, I'm hopeful of a fix today
Thanks for spotting it! :foldedhands:
Updated for you @woz @Gabolino @Jon1
The login has been fixed!
Sorry for the aggro and thanks again for spotting it and flagging it so quickly
:o
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Im logged back in on my desktop computer. Success!
Just taken 1/2 hour to log back in. Grrrrr!!!!! I’m never logging out again. 😜
Userlevel 6
I wonder is there is a cookie issue going off here also? Might be worth clearing the cookies if still persisting?

😕
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
That shouldn't happen!
There's no point in logging out unless Halloween gremlins can access your machine, and leave naughty messages, in which case it's wise.
Skill;14634:
Just taken 1/2 hour to log back in. Grrrrr!!!!! I’m never logging out again. ������
woz;14639:
That shouldn't happen!
There's no point in logging out unless Halloween gremlins can access your machine, and leave naughty messages, in which case it's wise.

New boy here, only just joined. School boy error.