Login and Passwords

• 30 August 2019
  • 2 replies

I applied to switch to a new Pure Planet account this week. I am frustrated at the difficulty I am experiencing particularly with regards to logging in. On the PP Home page there is a tab to 'Go to account'. When I click on this it displays a page prompting me for my email address. After inputting my email address I am informed that an email login link will be sent to it. I have done this now many times and it takes several minutes for the PP email to arrive at my end - this communication is appallingly slow.

After clicking on the supplied email link it appears that I do get connected to my account. I know it is early days but there is very little information related to the tab options. The 'help' option does not display any help information whatsoever - how frustrating. Is this the standard method of logging in?

Most other sites have a simple username and password arrangement, I do not see it on the 'Home' page. Similarly I would expect to be able to edit my profile using my PC browser, allowing changes to be made to username and password etc. I think I can see this function on the PP Community site so why not on the PP Home page?

As for Wattbot help - it doesn't appear to seen anywhere. I can't be the only one experiencing these problems and I believe I am moderately tech savvy. So far, I am less than impressed. I very much hope this is not a portent for doing business with PP.

​Clery1951

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi clery1951

As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community! There's lots of fellow customers who are pleased to do what they can to help.

Others will have better suggestions I'm sure, but it may be worth saying that your email address is the equivalent of your username. And certainly on the app, I just stay logged in - someone else will know if the same applies to the website.
And to find Wattbot and loads of FAQs, you should be able to find that via the three little bars top right hand corner, select Help.
Hope that is some help
Stephen
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi clery1951

re your comments:
The email login has been the subject of some criticism, not everyone likes it so fair comment, but it does have some security advantages too. Once logged in on your own device you can stay logged in If you log in online it should stay logged in until you log out, that said I've never tested it ONLINE by being logged out for a lengthy period. You can certainly close the app on phone/tablet and always remain logged in
I've logged in many times, and the email usually arrives within 15 secs, sometimes quicker occ. it may take over 30 secs, but that's rare.
If you're experiencing a delay maybe we could explore why, but the community is public, so I don't really want to make any suggestions here. I can say with some certainty that the speed of login mail hasn't been raised as an issue and I've read many posts on here.

There is an issue with the way the website is coded, I have raised it, I need to raise it again, that said it works for most but there are some foibles when windows are resized, I'm wondering if that's the problem. Try the window full screen...more to follow soon ...sorry called away...back..to continue are you seeing the below? That's how you get to wattbot.
PP don't have a call centre, (but you already know that), account specific probs need to go through wattbot but there is lots of help in the community, may I ask do you have a smart mobile or tablet on which you could try the app? That might be a better option for you.
As far as portents go, not really, I think once your account settles down and you get used to the online only you probably will be happy (or happier), it seems to work ok for the vast majority (though far fewer are online cf app as online was only recently introduced)
I know you've found it frustrating, but PP will listen..
Please post back?

I don't work for PP.

clery1951;36541:
I applied to switch to a new Pure Planet account this week. I am frustrated at the difficulty I am experiencing particularly with regards to logging in. On the PP Home page there is a tab to 'Go to account'. When I click on this it displays a page prompting me for my email address. After inputting my email address I am informed that an email login link will be sent to it. I have done this now many times and it takes several minutes for the PP email to arrive at my end - this communication is appallingly slow.
After clicking on the supplied email link it appears that I do get connected to my account. I know it is early days but there is very little information related to the tab options. The 'help' option does not display any help information whatsoever - how frustrating. Is this the standard method of logging in?

Most other sites have a simple username and password arrangement, I do not see it on the 'Home' page. Similarly I would expect to be able to edit my profile using my PC browser, allowing changes to be made to username and password etc. I think I can see this function on the PP Community site so why not on the PP Home page?

As for Wattbot help - it doesn't appear to seen anywhere. I can't be the only one experiencing these problems and I believe I am moderately tech savvy. So far, I am less than impressed. I very much hope this is not a portent for doing business with PP.

​Clery1951