Solved

Leaving you

One reason, communicating via the phone app is near impossible (each time, the message suddenly vanishes while I'm typing.Another, I have been unable to send you ANY readings for the 11 months I've been with you.I had not realised my smart meter (previous supplier) would not work and I can't make head or tails of the external one (Liberty 100, model 10z).pls what do I have to do to close my account? (This msg has taken an hour, every 5 or so. It closes and I have to restart the app. Horrible experience. Sad because I love Pure Planet's ethic. Too user unfriendly for this user grhhh!)
icon

Best answer by woz 11 September 2019, 14:37

hi Robin
You are on an E7 tariff, 9 is giving day and night added together (give or take, it appears to be a few kWh out but that could be some sort of residual)
Pressing 6 TARIFF/ ZERO RATE/ ACT RATE/IPRO2/SICHG7 (? Disappears too fast)/ IMP RO1, 1344 /IMP RO2,6795
Your day reading is 6795 your night reading is 1344 (6795+1344=8139). Gas 2238
(Estimated. Electricity: Day 6632, Night 1047 Gas 2095, so you'll see a corrected statement...)
If you have mobility issues being on the PSR is perfectly valid, it covers a wide range of issues, but it's not mandatory, and you seem to have managed to get readings so it's up to you.
Not sure what your balance is but unless it's a long way in credit you may need to increase your DD (or PP may do)
​Thanks for the comprehensive reply - I think we got there in the end!
View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi rj99
Oh dear. You've left it 11 months to send readings?
Are you getting statements? Have you now managed to read the meter here's a link which may help, post back if it doesnt.
You can close by switching away but I'd get some meter readings in first.
I have no idea what your wattbot issue is, typing message the team and your question should get a reply within 24 hrs.
Also forgot to add you can now log in online and use wattbot etc.
RJ99;36357:
One reason, communicating via the phone app is near impossible (each time, the message suddenly vanishes while I'm typing.Another, I have been unable to send you ANY readings for the 11 months I've been with you.I had not realised my smart meter (previous supplier) would not work and I can't make head or tails of the external one (Liberty 100, model 10z).pls what do I have to do to close my account? (This msg has taken an hour, every 5 or so. It closes and I have to restart the app. Horrible experience. Sad because I love Pure Planet's ethic. Too user unfriendly for this user grhhh!)
Hi Woz, Thanks for the reply and link. Much appreciated. The link tells me all I have to do is press '9' on the external meter; on the demo video a single reading pops up. But on mine, when I press '9' a sequence of screens/numbers comes up, each staying up for only a second or two making it almost impossible to capture, so I have to wait till the sequence end and the screen goes blank. Then start again. Repeatedly. Each time trying to capture more of the screen contents.
This involves me (at nearly 80 years) crouched down close to the ground. I have severe mobility issues making this a bit excruciating.
If Pure had informed me the smart meter wouldn't work I would not have switched and avoided this discomfort.
​May I cite what comes up … (any help explaining which data I need to give Pure as my readings will be appreciated)?I will separate each 'screen' by "/". Here goes:
ELECTRICITY, Pressing 9: IMP 86.1 / EXP: 0 / IMP 103 / EXP 3154 / TEST 86.1 / CREDIT 4344 / USING NOW 4345
GAS: VOL 2236 / IMP 25084 (these two then repeat several times).
Thanks in advance, Robin J
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Robin
First of all don't worry, this will be sorted one way or another.
ohhh dear, sorry to hear of the difficulty and that you've had to put so much effort in, it should not be so...read on...

Before I commit myself to answering, because, as you say it isn't clear, can you put your hands on the last previous bill you have from the supplier before you switched? My guess, and it's only a guess, is that the electric reading is 04345 and the Gas I'm very uncertain as it could be either but I thought all meters had the phrase "meter index" followed by numbers 12345.6 (example) and m3 (metres cubed)
If I had to guess I'd go for 02236 for the gas.
If you can get a previous bill it should help clarify as to whether the figures are what you need as we can look at a previous proper reading and date.
In the meanwhile
Please can you answer the following:
Have you got solar panels?
Do you know which company you were being supplied by when the meters were fitted?
Are you on an Economy 7 tariff? (in which case, if so you may need to press 6 on the meter to get readings.)

When you are logged in to PP and go to the submit readings section do you see two lines to submit electric readings or one?

While we are sorting this (or trying to) there is a very good case for you joining the priority services register, go to accounts either online or in the app, and fill in the priority register, hopefully you won't be expected to read your meter in the future.

If you're OK with that I'll flag this with admin if you wish just to make sure you get the help you need.
Many thanks for the helpful advice. I will try and get around to this tomorrow.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Sorry lots of questions I know...
RJ99;37197:
Many thanks for the helpful advice. I will try and get around to this tomorrow.
Q1. can you put your hands on the last previous bill you have from the supplier before you switched?

1. I can’t find any bill or other written communication from the previous supplier (Ovo) but my spreadsheet ‘final readings’ which I’m pretty sure are the ones I communicated to Pure Planet at the time were:

Electricity Day 3071
Electricity Night 603
Gas 1051

Q2. Have you got solar panels?

1. No

Q3. Do you know which company you were being supplied by when the meters were fitted?

1. Ovo

Q4. Are you on an Economy 7 tariff? (in which case, if so you may need to press 6 on the meter to get readings.)

1. I’ve no idea. Is there a way I can tell by looking at something on the app?

Q5. When you are logged in to PP and go to the submit readings section do you see two lines to submit electric readings or one?

1. There are the two, Day and Night.

As I mentioned at the start of the thread I have not been able to submit ANY readings for a year, so Pure Planet are having to make estimates. The latest are showing as:

05. 09. 19
Estimated. Electricity: Day 6632, Night 1047 Gas 2095

See end of message for my updated reading, taken today, as well as I can do it.

Q6. While we are sorting this (or trying to) there is a very good case for you joining the priority services register, go to accounts either online or in the app, and fill in the priority register, hopefully you won't be expected to read your meter in the future.

1. Done thank you. I mention there that I am NOT registered disabled and do NOT have issues of communication, vision etc – just the fact that I have some mobility issues (two replacement hips and dodgy knees etc) making reading the low down meters uncomfortable and difficult to read.

Q7. If you're OK with that I'll flag this with admin if you wish just to make sure you get the help you need.

1. Thank you.

ELECTRICITY READINGS 11th September. I have excluded ones showing zero. I have separated the different readings by ‘/’.

Pressing 9 IMP KwH, 8134 / IMP KVRH, 10 / EXP KVRH, 3172 / TEST KVH, 139/ USING NOW, 4452

Pressing 6 TARIFF/ ZERO RATE/ ACT RATE/IPRO2/SICHG7 (? Disappears too fast)/ IMP RO1, 1344 /IMP RO2, 6795 / CREDIT/ USING NOW, 4452

Gas Readings 11th September
VOLUME 2238 / IMP KwH 25116 / Volume 2238 / TEST KwH 25116/ USING NOW 1312

This took repeated readings because each screen vanishes after a moment and the screen is anyway difficult to read. The meters are low down so I was kneeling and bent nearly double; cricked my neck, and am in extreme discomfort. Getting déjà vu’s that this is was what happened right from the first time, a year ago – when it triggered me sending ‘Help’ messages to both Pure Planet and to the Meter company (Liberty 100. Model 10z)(I sent them screen shots!). I got no replies … so gave up, sort of ‘hoping the problem would go away’.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Robin
You are on an E7 tariff, 9 is giving day and night added together (give or take, it appears to be a few kWh out but that could be some sort of residual)
Pressing 6 TARIFF/ ZERO RATE/ ACT RATE/IPRO2/SICHG7 (? Disappears too fast)/ IMP RO1, 1344 /IMP RO2,6795
Your day reading is 6795 your night reading is 1344 (6795+1344=8139). Gas 2238
(Estimated. Electricity: Day 6632, Night 1047 Gas 2095, so you'll see a corrected statement...)
If you have mobility issues being on the PSR is perfectly valid, it covers a wide range of issues, but it's not mandatory, and you seem to have managed to get readings so it's up to you.
Not sure what your balance is but unless it's a long way in credit you may need to increase your DD (or PP may do)
​Thanks for the comprehensive reply - I think we got there in the end!
(I just typed a reply - but it then vanished before sending so I am assuming something's gone wrong, so I will retype it).

Thank you. I wish I had got through to you a year ago - doubtless my fault for not persevering with the contacting efforts!

I will now explore alternative suppliers, aiming to find one which is good value, for '100% renewable' but with a smart meter - it's a MUST HAVE and as mentioned earlier in the thread, I would not have switched if I had been informed it would mean losing having a smart meter. My previous arrangement (earlier supplier) was in fact superb - giving me daily feedback in a very user friendly format and which we were actively using to modify our using-behaviour. So a bit disappointing as I did like Pure Planet's ethic which is why I switched in the first place. Thanks again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Robin
​seems a shame to lose you after all that effort!
Pp are installing smart meters perhaps your application can be expedited, but as with all suppliers it’s not without some teething problems but they are getting sorted.
Thanks. The 'Perhaps' is a bit vague for me …
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I chose my words carefully, I'm not in a position to make any promises and Smart meters have teething problems. I've helped as much as I can, sorry.
RJ99;37667:
Thanks. The 'Perhaps' is a bit vague for me …