Solved

Leave pure planet

• 11 April 2019
  • 7 replies

Right so ive redently moved into a new flat and the old residents had this company supplying them. Ive switched to edf but their saying they can't contact you to finish the switch...
I do not want to be with this company and want to change asap! This has been going on months. Yes i have your app and nonit doenst work it says setting things up for 3 months now...what is this company. And to not have any phone numbers where i can actually speak to someone just some stupid computer to type to...
icon

Best answer by MrSmart 12 April 2019, 00:40

Hi there,

One thing that needs to be brought to your attention is that you will owe Pure Planet an amount from when you moved in to when the new supplier takes over so you will need to set up an account with PP. This may also be what EDF are talking about when they told you they "can't contact PP" - this is very bad communication, as others have mentioned, because they do not need to contact the other supplier.

Having said that, the switching process involves the losing supplier (in this case PP) receiving notification that the supply is due to leave them and if PP are not aware that a new occupier has become responsible they may raise an objection, perhaps due to debt from the previous occupier. It is therefore imperative that you inform the supplier you inherit when moving into a property so that you can pay for energy you have used and then switch smoothly away if that's what you wish.

Messaging the team via Wattbot will get you further assistance from the Pure Planet team.
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hello ogden.
Firstly EDF do not have to contact PP to finish the switch so for some reason that excuse is being used, why? Anybodies guess. It is all organised by an independant regulator.
When you use the wattbot AI you need to type:- message the team, and then ask your question to get a human response.
The app works perfectly well for tens of thousands of people so clearly something has not been set up correctly, wattbot is the first port of call,also a member of staff will pick up this post tomorrow and advise further.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi ogden
if you've switched to edf and sent edf your PP closing/edf opening readings, then as long as PP don't object to the switch it should happen and the readings will be independently agreed.
You''ll then get a final bill from PP for the energy used up until you switched.
That should work whether or not you use the app, but using the app should make it easier so I suspect the problem lies with edf and not with PP.
It's also possible that PP are expecting a payment from you which you can organise through HERE
If it's been going on months have you had a letter from PP?
Have you checked your wattbot for messages and your emails for any communication from Pure Planet?
ogden;27486:
Right so ive redently moved into a new flat and the old residents had this company supplying them. Ive switched to edf but their saying they can't contact you to finish the switch... I do not want to be with this company and want to change asap! This has been going on months. Yes i have your app and nonit doenst work it says setting things up for 3 months now...wtf is this company. And to not have any phone numbers where i can actually speak to someone just some stupid computer to type to...
Hi Ogden,
Sorry to read that you are not happy. I can understand your frustration, there's nothing worse than not understanding how a system works. You certainly seem to be very unlucky if your PP app isn't working.....that's very unusual really.
I'm sure that a PP Community Manager, or even a PP Team Member, will pick up on this thread and be able to assist you with your issues, regarding the PP app and your desire to switch away from PP to your chosen supplier.
Good luck, and I hope that things are sosorted out to your satisatisfaction.
Userlevel 6
Hi there,

One thing that needs to be brought to your attention is that you will owe Pure Planet an amount from when you moved in to when the new supplier takes over so you will need to set up an account with PP. This may also be what EDF are talking about when they told you they "can't contact PP" - this is very bad communication, as others have mentioned, because they do not need to contact the other supplier.

Having said that, the switching process involves the losing supplier (in this case PP) receiving notification that the supply is due to leave them and if PP are not aware that a new occupier has become responsible they may raise an objection, perhaps due to debt from the previous occupier. It is therefore imperative that you inform the supplier you inherit when moving into a property so that you can pay for energy you have used and then switch smoothly away if that's what you wish.

Messaging the team via Wattbot will get you further assistance from the Pure Planet team.
I have just moved into my new property on the 3rd however Pure Planet supply the property and will not let the switch be made?

- - - Updated - - -

My request is URGENT !!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
chris b10;29092:
I have just moved into my new property on the 3rd however Pure Planet supply the property and will not let the switch be made?

- - - Updated - - -

My request is URGENT !!

Hi Chris

Here's some quick advice from a fellow customer... When you move in you have to open your own account with Pure Planet before you can switch away. Download the Pure Planet app, and that will take you through the set up process. Once you have an account you can switch (and almost certainly pay more!).

Hope that helps. Come back and ask if you have more questions

Good luck
Stephen
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi chris b10
If you don't want to or can't use the app, there is a facility to make a one-off payment<-.
​You are a deemed customer (that's normal when you move to a property) and thus responsible for paying for the energy from when you move in to when you switch out. You can't switch from any supplier instantly (normally a minimum of 17 days) so there will always be a bill to pay.
Have PP blocked your switch?
By far the easiest way to deal with this is by using the app and if you can that's what I'd recommend, however it's not the only way

chris b10;29092:

- - - Updated - - -

My request is URGENT !!