Solved

Invalid telephone no

• 30 October 2017
  • 5 replies

I’m trying to switch but keep getting invalid telephone no when trying to confirm my details during the switch. Is their a special format that I should use
icon

Best answer by CotswoldJohn 31 October 2017, 15:28

Hi Toby - I've exchanged emails with your help desk - in case any other reader is following this, I muddied the water by giving the wrong email address so probably was beginning a "cold" application. I'm not sure how that could happen since I started from a link in an email from you - maybe the registration asked for the email address to be re-input. Then, as you guessed, I had given a landline number to the switching agent (EnergyHelpline); that was preloaded into the field on the "confirm your details" screen but was rejected when I returned that screen, but when I changed it to a mobile number that was rejected too. I can't be clear at what stage I reached that display - I seemed to get back to it by several routes!
I'll try to complete the switch when I've allowed a little time for the details already held to be sorted out, and will post here if all is ok.
CJ
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Hi @Ju90, welcome to the community.

Have you tried again with any luck? Which device are you using? Also, were you trying to use a landline or mobile phone number?
I'm stuck in the same situation - came via EnergyHelpline - do they registr my details? (If so they may have registerd my landline as I usually give that if mobile not specifically requested (no mobile signal at home!)
Userlevel 5
Hi @CotswoldJohn, sorry to hear that you're having issues. How far into the app join journey did you get? What device are you using? Also, when you tried to sign up, did you use a landline or mobile number?
Hi Toby - I've exchanged emails with your help desk - in case any other reader is following this, I muddied the water by giving the wrong email address so probably was beginning a "cold" application. I'm not sure how that could happen since I started from a link in an email from you - maybe the registration asked for the email address to be re-input. Then, as you guessed, I had given a landline number to the switching agent (EnergyHelpline); that was preloaded into the field on the "confirm your details" screen but was rejected when I returned that screen, but when I changed it to a mobile number that was rejected too. I can't be clear at what stage I reached that display - I seemed to get back to it by several routes!
I'll try to complete the switch when I've allowed a little time for the details already held to be sorted out, and will post here if all is ok.
CJ
Userlevel 5
Hi @CotswoldJohn thanks for your update on this and yes, please do let me know how you get on when you try to re-join. Any issues, let us know.

Also, I'll talk to the team to see if we can help to make info on Energyhelpline as clear as possible for others.