Solved

Incredibly frustrating

• 24 October 2017
  • 8 replies

Trying to give this company a meter reading if you live in a flat is beyond frustrating.

Contacted my site manager so ask them for a reading only to be told I need to send a photo of the reading

Asked them to send a photo

But this isn't enough - you can't attach a photo, you have to take one then and there.

Obviously they haven't considered that not everyone has access to their meters.

Especially frustrating as I contacted them last week about meter readings and someone on here from the company said they'd submit them for me but I'm still getting emails asking for a reading!

Looks like either I'll have to switch supplier or always have an estimated usage!

Not good enough.
icon

Best answer by Toby 24 October 2017, 16:46

Hi @HM28 and welcome to the Community. Sorry to hear that this has caused issues. We are aiming to add a feature to the app very very soon that will allow all members to use saved pictures, as I appreciate that getting a live photo can sometimes be awkward.

Did you speak to my colleague Gabriel last week? He asked you for a reading which we now have for you. Also, we'll make sure you don't get any more requests for your first meter reading, which means that you'll not need to send a photo either. The next time we ask for a meter reading (in about a month), you'll just need to input the numbers from the meter via the app, not a photo.

I live in a flat too but luckily my meter is outside my door. If you continue to have difficulty, send me a direct message (link in my post signature below) and we can have a chat 🙂
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Hi @HM28 and welcome to the Community. Sorry to hear that this has caused issues. We are aiming to add a feature to the app very very soon that will allow all members to use saved pictures, as I appreciate that getting a live photo can sometimes be awkward.

Did you speak to my colleague Gabriel last week? He asked you for a reading which we now have for you. Also, we'll make sure you don't get any more requests for your first meter reading, which means that you'll not need to send a photo either. The next time we ask for a meter reading (in about a month), you'll just need to input the numbers from the meter via the app, not a photo.

I live in a flat too but luckily my meter is outside my door. If you continue to have difficulty, send me a direct message (link in my post signature below) and we can have a chat 🙂
I have the same issue, I'm trying to provide my meter reading for the start of contract and my camera does not work.
How do I input the data manually as there is no variation on the app to manually type your meter reading.
Userlevel 5
Hi @Alpha, I've just spoken to the member services team. Have you seen your reply from them?

They have turned the camera feature off in your app, so you should be able to re-enter the app and input your reading manually 🙂. Let me know how you get on!
I note that the app now does not insist on a photo, although I would be happy to send photos. However, each time I try to send the photo the app crashes. It would help to have option to send the photo to a mailbox.
Hi @TimWS
What phone are you using?
Marc;2543:
Hi @TimWS
What phone are you using?

I’m using iPhone 6S with iOS 11.2.2
Thanks @TimWS
The same happened to me the other day. I've got the same phone. Sounds like a bug, which will be reported.
As a temporary fix what I did was take the photos (of gas and electricity meters) before opening the app, and then after submitting the reading when I was asked for the photo, I went into the photos roll via the app, instead of the camera.
Do you want to try that?
Marc;2555:
Thanks @TimWS
The same happened to me the other day. I've got the same phone. Sounds like a bug, which will be reported.
As a temporary fix what I did was take the photos (of gas and electricity meters) before opening the app, and then after submitting the reading when I was asked for the photo, I went into the photos roll via the app, instead of the camera.
Do you want to try that?

Thanks Marc; I did the same.