Solved

Incorrect Gas meter serial number

• 12 August 2019
  • 9 replies

Hi, I am inputting my gas and electric readings, however the gas meter serial number does not match that shown on Pure Planet, how should I proceed
icon

Best answer by woz 12 August 2019, 18:38

hi James
​I have to say, well spotted!
Are these opening readings or ongoing readings? In other words have there been previous reading submitted?

and...just to be sure you are looking at the serial not the MPRN? (supply number)

The serial should match - that needs putting right, it's probable that the meter has been changed but the database hasn't been updated.
Go to help in app or online ,ask wattbot, type message the team and attach a photo of the meter showing it's serial with your question, someone from PP will look into it and get back to you. In the meanwhile you should continue to supply readings
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi James
​I have to say, well spotted!
Are these opening readings or ongoing readings? In other words have there been previous reading submitted?

and...just to be sure you are looking at the serial not the MPRN? (supply number)

The serial should match - that needs putting right, it's probable that the meter has been changed but the database hasn't been updated.
Go to help in app or online ,ask wattbot, type message the team and attach a photo of the meter showing it's serial with your question, someone from PP will look into it and get back to you. In the meanwhile you should continue to supply readings
Hey @JamesG65 well spotted! And welcome to the PP Community :o

Great advice from @woz 🆙 if you could send our Member Services team a photo of your gas meter that'd be great.

They'll then be able to let you know what's happened and get the issue fixed for you - as @woz suggested it could be a mismatch of info on the national database.

Let us know how it goes!
Hi Nataly,I input JamesG65 details of both meter readings, and at the time of inputting the readings I attached a picture of the meter reading and serial number (as it was later suggested on here). How and when will JamesG65 know if the new reading have been updated on the national data base. FYI the gas meter was replaced approximately 6 to 8 weeks prior to the changeover.
Hi @JimmyG and @JamesG65

Looks like whoever is the account holder has sent a message to the team - they replied on 15 August requesting some further info so they can identify the issue.

Once the issue's confirmed they'd let you know a timescale for how long it'd take.
If it was that the national database needs updating, you'd know this is complete once your account's showing the correct meter details.

If whoever's the account holder? Could check WattBot and reply to the team's message, they'll be able to get working on this for you 🆙
How do I get my Gas meter serial number updated. I became a customer several month ago and to date its still incorrect. Iv had an email from PP saying everything is sorted but checking the serial number while inputting a meter reading it is still incorrect.
​​​​​​​My concern is that my monthly payments will eventually be drastically out of sink
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi james
take a photo of your meter showing the serial go to help>ask wattbot type message the team and explain and send the photo of the meter. Pp will get back to you not instantly may take a while as they check it out.
Thanks for the assistance, Iv messaged PP along with a picture of gas meter including serial numbet
PP JamesG65 has been a customer since the 15th August, as of today and the latest bill the correct Gas meter serial number is still incorrect. When will PP arrange for the serial meter update. PP cannot input estimates on an old meter
PP JamesG65 has been a customer since the 15th August, as of today and the latest bill the correct Gas meter serial number is still incorrect. When will PP arrange for the serial meter update. PP cannot input estimates on an old meter

- - - Updated - - -

Wot has been messaged at least twice with "message the team" with pictures if the meter and reading. While inputting the monthly readings the gas meter is input as 0 zero