Solved

In process of switching from Tonik

• 14 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi

I started the process of switching from Tonik to PP about 16 days ago.  I had an acknowledgement from Tonik that they received the request.  I noticed last night when I was going to submit my first reading to PP that Tonik had folded.  Unsure now whether to keep going with the switch to PP or to follow the Ofgem advice to wait until the new supplier I have been allocated has been in touch and refunded my credit balance.

Any suggestions?  Anyone else in the same situation? 

One other thing.  My current meter has Day rate set up on the R2 and Night/Economy on the R1 which seems to be the reverse of the entries on the PP first reading form.  Anyone had the same experience and has it caused any problems switching 

Would appreciate any comments/thoughts.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by woz 15 October 2020, 00:25

hi @Jason b 

If you instigated the switch before they folded and it works, count yourself lucky and go with it. (is my thinking - others may have a different opinion) Ultimately it’s down to whether any objection is raised, and since there is no-one at tonik to object you’re in the lap of the transient deity as to whether it works.

The chances are that whoever they (ofgem) switch you to you’re likely to want to switch away anyway so if it works now you’ll have saved a step.

In any event as far as your final bill  or refund etc. from tonik is concerned you won’t see that anytime soon, whether you allow the new supplier to take over or PP take over.

Whatever you do keep dated photographic evidence of your meter readings in case you run into a dispute later on.

View original

4 replies

Hi @Jason b,

Welcome and sorry for the short answer. Checkout this other thread about Tonik. I think it’ll help...

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @Jason b 

If you instigated the switch before they folded and it works, count yourself lucky and go with it. (is my thinking - others may have a different opinion) Ultimately it’s down to whether any objection is raised, and since there is no-one at tonik to object you’re in the lap of the transient deity as to whether it works.

The chances are that whoever they (ofgem) switch you to you’re likely to want to switch away anyway so if it works now you’ll have saved a step.

In any event as far as your final bill  or refund etc. from tonik is concerned you won’t see that anytime soon, whether you allow the new supplier to take over or PP take over.

Whatever you do keep dated photographic evidence of your meter readings in case you run into a dispute later on.

Welcome to the PP Community  @Jason b It’s v sad what’s happened at Tonik - we need more compeition in the energy market, not less.

I agree with @woz that you probably switched in the nick of time. And yep, spot on too to keep pics of opening readings just in case. :thumbsup:

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your responses and the link.  Much appreciated. :-)