Solved

if my account is in credit does that mean I owe pure planet money or is it the other way around? Thanks.

• 5 January 2021
  • 6 replies

I know it probably a basic question but it’s always confused me. 

icon

Best answer by Gwyndy 5 January 2021, 10:57

If your account is showing a credit balance, and assuming your readings are accurate, then at the point your statement was produced - Pure Planet owe you money.

View original

6 replies

If your account is showing a credit balance, and assuming your readings are accurate, then at the point your statement was produced - Pure Planet owe you money.

Badge

It’s the other way around @Bills  - it means you are using less energy which PP estimated you would when setting up your direct debit (DD).

The DD usually get reviewed every year to make sure you don’t build up too much of a credit balance. I’ve always kept my balance in my account (it’s come in handy since I’ve been working from home for the past 10 months) - but I’m sure if you want/need to withdraw your balance back into your personal bank account that the Wattbot team should be able to assist.

Badge +1

You're in credit @Bills 👏 🙌 👌 nothing to worry about.  You've just paid a little in advance. 

Thank you for your quick responses. That’s good news for me then. I think I’ll turn the heating up!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Bills 

How much you are in credit depends on when the DD is taken from your bank. Usually the DD is taken before the statement is produced, so you can look upon that credit as the money that will pay for your coming months use.

Does that confuse or help? I don’t want to discourage you from turning up the heating!

Userlevel 3

Credit they owe you not the other way around :)