Solved

I have sold my flat - how do i get my refund?

• 10 August 2018
  • 12 replies

I have sold my flat but have substantial credit with Pure Planet. How do I ensure I get reimbursed?
icon

Best answer by woz 10 August 2018, 18:22

Hi Kyle
There's a post HERE that should help.
You need to contact them through HELP in the app, ask wattbot and type "message the team" to give them all the info, new address, new owners contact details date etc. You'll need meter readings when you leave and it won't hurt to take a photo of the meters too. (and I think the new owners will need to download the PP app and register so they can either switch away or stay with PP. (I think that's how it works, but as ever I'm open to be corrected)

It's best to leave the DD in place or they won't know where to pay the refund, but that's up to you. The process can take a while, anything up to 6 weeks.
(If the amount they owe you is substantial you could always ask for a partial refund and I suppose it also depends on whether you'll be moving to PP in your new place, but I don't know how that works?)
View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hello kyle.
Happy moving.
You will need to go into help and use wattbot. Type message the team and then give your details,moving date,meter readings and forwarding address.if you have it who moving into your flat would also help.
Once your acct has been closed and final bill issued you will receive any refund due back into the bank your DD is paid from.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Kyle
There's a post HERE that should help.
You need to contact them through HELP in the app, ask wattbot and type "message the team" to give them all the info, new address, new owners contact details date etc. You'll need meter readings when you leave and it won't hurt to take a photo of the meters too. (and I think the new owners will need to download the PP app and register so they can either switch away or stay with PP. (I think that's how it works, but as ever I'm open to be corrected)

It's best to leave the DD in place or they won't know where to pay the refund, but that's up to you. The process can take a while, anything up to 6 weeks.
(If the amount they owe you is substantial you could always ask for a partial refund and I suppose it also depends on whether you'll be moving to PP in your new place, but I don't know how that works?)
there is no "help" section that I can see. I looked for it yesterday. Where is help and wattbott???
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi
Tap 3 bars top right when you open app
Scroll down and tap help,wattbot comes to life.
Type message the team
Provide all the info you need to
Can some one from PP please call me. There is no help button I can see. A bit of human interaction would be good
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Kyleblockley;10269:
Can some one from PP please call me. There is no help button I can see. A bit of human interaction would be good

Hi kyle
PP don't have telephone customer service, everything is done through the app and on the community boards.
Go to the app on your device, you should see"Kyle's account" (or similar) at the top
Top right are 3 white lines click on that
A list should appear

Scroll down the list shown below to HELP

Home
My Account
My Rewards
Energy
Campaigns
Community
Help
About
Emergency numbers
Logout
Click on help, Ask wattbot and type "message the team" and submit your query.

Does that help at all?
I used these guys and have sold my property - they are still trying to charge me and still have nearly 300 gbp of my cash.

I have requested it 3 times and they just don’t respond

Use another supplier
That's not good to hear. I have been with them 6 months and never had a need to call them. Hopi g you get your issues fixed ASAP
This did not help.
No one is responding.
Right now they have stolen money from me.

Be careful if your signing up to these cheats
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Kyle
refunds can take up to 6 weeks, not just with PP but all companies. You’ve posted that PP have stolen your money, because you haven’t had a response and you feel frustrated. If you owed them money how would you feel if PP posted the you were a thief?
I’m not confident given your previous responses that you’ve successfully submitted your question. Did you type “message the team”?
Help and wattbot is not a chat service, It can take a day or two to get a response from the team and although not an excuse they are busy at the moment.
If you are confident that you’ve sent a message more than a couple of days ago and still not had a response and you want further help send a DM (direct message) which is the little envelope top right, to Niall, who is looking after the community at the moment.
Also did you give PP the details of who bought your flat?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi kyleblockley.
Have you followed the correct procedure to inform PP to close your acct and given them all the readings needed? If so when did you do this ? It takes upto 6 weeks for your acct to be closed down and final bill issued. Once this has been done you will get an automatic refund into your acct.
Running around saying PP are thieves is unacceptable.how would you like me to tell everyone on this forum that you have not sold your property and in fact you were evicted when it was repossessed.
Hi @Kyleblockley

We have your request, someone from our team will be in touch with you today.

I've moved this post to the same thread as your original post.

Thanks @Jon1 @woz for being so helpful. 🆙