Question

I have 5 time smart meter installation cancelled.

I have 5 time smart meter installation cancelled. I wasted so many holidays waiting for services, asking my Boss for holidays mercy  and used a lot of money to make transportation. PLEASE tell me what wrong?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

By reading previous posts it looks like as PP has stop trading then magnum are not completing installs. You’ll be able to arrange one with your new supplier. 

Before Pure Planet ceasing service, they call me to update the meter reading forecast to 10 times what I am using now. They say this is usual before this coming Winter. Pure Planet deny/cancel/keep no record of ALL my previous smart meter installation appointment/request until they announce ceasing service, Pure Planet is energy provider cheater.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This appears very unusual as I’ve been with PP for nearly 3 years and never had a problem. 

Good luck for the future and make sure you send the new supplier at least monthly meter reads as this will regulate what you use.

I am using energy below the forecast meter reading BUT Pure Planet keep forecast over estimated meter readings. They deny/cancel smart meter installation for a fair trade/deal. Today 14 Oct 2021, I finally understand WHY? Pure Planet is planning to cease service and try to get the last bit of energy money they can get from innocent customers.

Pure Planet, shall you keep your promised service before you cease. Promised service has NOTHING to do with ceasing service.

I have 5 smart meter installation requests BUT all cancelled or with no record in both PP/Magnum until the last confirmation before PP ceasing service, SO BAD, another service service cancellation on the 28 Oct 2021?

I have been wasting time, days and money for arranging smart meter installation in the past few months. Be a responsible energy provider, DO the promised work before cease.

I am using energy below the forecast meter reading BUT Pure Planet keep forecast over estimated meter readings. They deny/cancel smart meter installation for a fair trade/deal. Today 14 Oct 2021, I finally understand WHY? Pure Planet is planning to cease service and try to get the last bit of energy money they can get from innocent customers.

I think that conjecture is, shall we say, ‘a bit of a reach’ Estimated Annual Consumption is based on one of three things:
The figures you put in when you signed up.
An OFGEM calculated formula.
The existing annual consumption registered to your meter’s ‘bubble’.

As to why the ‘They deny/cancel smart meter installation for a fair trade/deal’ - I really don’t understand this, possession of a ‘Smart Meter’ only affects the latter two options if you aren’t submitting regular meter readings.

I wish your new supplier luck, it sounds like they are going to need it.

Hi @Dav 

Welcome.

I’ve merged your posts into one thread. This is just to avoid having lots of chats n different places.

Smart meter appointments have been cancelled as we’ve ceased trading. Sorry about that.

Emergency appointments are still taking place.

Smart meter reading reading is the only fair and reliable evidence for both customers and providers. Over estimate or under estimate is NOT fair to ALL parties. PP repeatedly deny/refuse to do smart meter installation 28 Oct 2021 until the last date of ceasing service. Pure Planet is not a responsible and honest energy provider.

I waste days/time/money waiting for meter installation. Totally disappointing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Dav 

Estimation appears to have worked for the last 15 years, it always corrects once real readings are applied,

Smart meters are not 100% reliable, in fact time will tell that as they are significantly more complex than their predecessors, they will be less reliable.

Repeated failed appointments?  (excluding the failure due to PP ceasing trading) Put in a formal complaint, with promised dates and cancellations,  keep copies of correspondence. You’ll then be able to take it up with your new supplier. 

Good luck,  sadly your thinking is flawed, a smart meter won’t solve all your woes.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/information-consumers/energy-advice-households/what-happens-if-your-energy-supplier-goes-bust