Solved

I have 2 issues :-(

1) I provided meter readings last month but haven't yet had an updated statement, the app showed estimated readings still when I last looked a few days ago.

2) The app - you've made an update to the iOS app that won't work on my iPod Touch as it now needs iOS 10 and I only have 9.3 (highest the iPod Touch will support)
Not a problem I thought, i'll move over to the Android app but that isn't supported on my Google Nexus 7 either

So now i'm stuck unable to provide readings via the app or manage my account - help please....
icon

Best answer by Marc 26 June 2018, 14:33

Hi @Martynh
Thanks for your patience. And also thanks for alerting us to this.
We've done some digging and discovered that the app's settings to support iOS9 is being overwritten by Apple.For the geekier members reading this thread, this is something in the Apple SDK (software developer kit) which is over-riding our app's settings.

So we're going to update the app in the next 48 hours or so.
Sorry for the hassle.
View original

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Martyn
ahhh...only two issues but they're big ones....(no jokes please..)

Why won't your Nexus 7 work? Is it because it's not Android updatable?
I can only think of two possibilities, neither of which will probably work; either talk to the team on here by Direct Message (envelope top RHS DM Marc) and somehow try to get an older version of the app which will run on your Nexus, (or a mac package application that is portable-unlikely?) or possibly try Bluestacks or similar (it's an app emulator for PC/mac) or some other Android app emulator. It's been mentioned before but I don't know if anyone has been successful in running the PP app under it.

It's a lot of faffing about.
Frustrating that most of the issues on here could be solved by having a PP platform online...one day perhaps...

In the meanwhile I suppose you could DM your readings too.
Sorry I can't be of more help.
Martynh;7491:
1) I provided meter readings last month but haven't yet had an updated statement, the app showed estimated readings still when I last looked a few days ago.

2) The app - you've made an update to the iOS app that won't work on my iPod Touch as it now needs iOS 10 and I only have 9.3 (highest the iPod Touch will support)
Not a problem I thought, i'll move over to the Android app but that isn't supported on my Google Nexus 7 either

So now i'm stuck unable to provide readings via the app or manage my account - help please....

Thanks for posting @Martynh
When are you due your monthly statement? It falls on or the day after the date you switched. What I mean is - if you switched to Pure Planet on the 1st of the month, then you get your statement on the 1st or 2nd of every month thereafter.
Check out this thread about the switch process.

What you're saying about the app update. iOS 9 is supported currently so should be fine on your iPod Touch.
What version of Android is your Nexus 7 running?
Hi Marc , i joined around the 18th of the month,

In the iTunes app store the app shows as requiring IOS 10+.

For the Nexus I'll need to get it charged up and booted, tbh i don't use it that much but saw it was a possible option to maintain my account.
Hi @Martynh

Thanks - the app is optimised for iOS 10 but supports 9.
Sounds like the Nexus 7 will be a good bet. It's 'pure' Google (no 'bloatware' from other manufacturers).
I've checked with member services - your switch date is the 24th so your monthly statement is emailed to you on the 25th and that's when the app will also update.
Hope that helps 👍
Well when I open up the app on iPod it tells me it needs to apply the update, i click to do this and it takes me to iTunes which only has an open icon alongside it, no update, no install, no get etc....

I have logged into my Play store account and it just shows 'x This app is incompatible with your device.'

- - - Updated - - -

My readings were supplied late (was on hols on read date) on 30th May so i'd have expected to get a revised statement after i'd provided those readings

- - - Updated - - -

screenshots from itunes attached

- - - Updated - - -

And nexus / play
Hi @Martynh

Thanks for this.
Hmmm.
I'm going to check this out with our app team.
They'll take a look
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
woz;7493:
hi Martyn
ahhh...only two issues but they're big ones....(no jokes please..)

Why won't your Nexus 7 work? Is it because it's not Android updatable?
I can only think of two possibilities, neither of which will probably work; either talk to the team on here by Direct Message (envelope top RHS DM Marc) and somehow try to get an older version of the app which will run on your Nexus, (or a mac package application that is portable-unlikely?) or possibly try Bluestacks or similar (it's an app emulator for PC/mac) or some other Android app emulator. It's been mentioned before but I don't know if anyone has been successful in running the PP app under it.

It's a lot of faffing about.
Frustrating that most of the issues on here could be solved by having a PP platform online...one day perhaps...

In the meanwhile I suppose you could DM your readings too.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

Ignore this reply- it's off track..
Hi @Martynh
Thanks for your patience. And also thanks for alerting us to this.
We've done some digging and discovered that the app's settings to support iOS9 is being overwritten by Apple.For the geekier members reading this thread, this is something in the Apple SDK (software developer kit) which is over-riding our app's settings.

So we're going to update the app in the next 48 hours or so.
Sorry for the hassle.
This forum is a joke. Your business model of having zero support for a utlity company is a joke. I was never informed from EnergyLinx you were an APP only business. I would like to cancel the switch immediately but you have no one to contact. I feel it's a faceless company.
BC2018;7705:
This forum is a joke. Your business model of having zero support for a utlity company is a joke. I was never informed from EnergyLinx you were an APP only business. I would like to cancel the switch immediately but you have no one to contact. I feel it's a faceless company.

Hi @BC2018
Thanks for the useful feedback about your experience coming to us from Energy Linx.
Yes, we are app-only and a lot of feedback we get from Members is that they love the approach.
But of course we know it's not for everyone.
I've checked with our member services team and you're not on supply with us.
Possibly you've had a quote, but not accepted it yet? There's nothing to cancel.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi. Well i feel that comment is a tad harsh. Yes PP IS APP BASED. At what point in the sign up process did you realise it was APP BASED ONLY being as you have to download the APP in order to make the switch.for some people an APP based APP is not suitable. Being as an APP based APP is not for you then provided you are still within the cooling off period you can use the APP to cancel the switch.
And how do I cancel when there's no method to cancel???

The point about noticing it was an app only was when they asked to confirm our switch. We have a work phone, so can't install third party apps. A point perhaps Pure Planet should consider as well as informing Energy Linx to mention it. A small but VERY important point don't you think.

- - - Updated - - -

Marc;7707:
Hi @BC2018
Thanks for the useful feedback about your experience coming to us from Energy Linx.
Yes, we are app-only and a lot of feedback we get from Members is that they love the approach.
But of course we know it's not for everyone.
I've checked with our member services team and you're not on supply with us.
Possibly you've had a quote, but not accepted it yet? There's nothing to cancel.

Can you please confirm there is nothing to cancel, it's under my partner's email address?
BC2018;7717:
And how do I cancel when there's no method to cancel???

The point about noticing it was an app only was when they asked to confirm our switch. We have a work phone, so can't install third party apps. A point perhaps Pure Planet should consider as well as informing Energy Linx to mention it. A small but VERY important point don't you think.

Great point @BC2018 V useful 👍
There is a method to cancel, in the app. More info in the knowledge hub here but in short you go to Menu > My Account > Your Details > Cancel.
You won't see that in the app because you've not joined us.
BC2018;7717:

Can you please confirm there is nothing to cancel, it's under my partner's email address?

No problem. Can you send me the email address as a private message?
And that's why I said the business model was a joke! You need an app to cancel an app, but you can't use an app, as some people cannot install an app. Brilliant. Offgem must be mad giving Pure Planet a licence on this basis.

I will take it that you have checked my partner and I aren't a customer as we haven't been able to confirm our email address, as we cannot install your app. Great, I can get my life back from a 1990's forum. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Can we have a thumbs DOWN option to click, as well as a thumbs up do you think?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello all, hope you're enjoying the weather and looking forward to the water shortages...(I thought I'd start with some good old fashioned politeness 1990's forum style..)

Putting aside (just for the moment...) the fact that BC2018's post deserves it's own thread, and the "tone" of the posts, this has been quite useful.

From Energylinx's own webpage, when you click on Pure Planet (they list around 80 suppliers,which is somewhat irrelevant but I thought I'd throw that one in)

Pure Power puts energy at customers fingertips
*through their smart app. See your meter readings, spend and payments. Its the future gateway to smart meters and your connected home. It's a simple, modern, efficient service
(I added the asterisk above)
I grant you this could be made a little clearer with the addition of the word *only before the word through.

Moving on to the PP's T+C's on Energylinx's website, (the link is on the same page as the text above)
At the very top of the the T&C's
Eligibility​ ​-​ ​see​ ​Section​ ​1.1.​ ​for​ ​full​ ​details
For us to be a suitable supplier, you must have a smartphone **running on a minimum operating system
of iOS 9 or Android 5 (lollipop), be able to communicate with us via our App and email only and be able
to pay by direct debit.(**Just asking, should the above say smartphone or tablet / ipad? )

So far so good...all very clear then, so what went wrong here?
BC (may I call you BC, BC2018 seems so formal?) you didn't read the Energylinx webpage or the T&C's? Well lets face it we are all guilty of that one...
BC you probably made assumptions based on your previous experiences with energy suppliers and assumed a different business model.

BC is angry having wasted his time.

BC, It would appear that most of what you posted is factually incorrect.
You said:
1.This forum is a joke.
2.Your business model of having zero support for a utlity company is a joke.
3.I was never informed from EnergyLinx you were an APP only business.
4.I would like to cancel the switch immediately but you have no one to contact.
5.I feel it's a faceless company.

1. You're entitled to your opinion, If I replied that I thought your post was a joke, I would also be entitled to my opinion. (I don't think your post a joke by the way, or at least it's not very funny)
To be fair perhaps you meant the concept of having a forum for customer support was a joke? Again you're entitled to your opinion, many here would disagree.

Talking of jokes, Arial, Helvetica and Times New Roman are on holiday in the republic of San Serif and they walk into a bar. The bartender turns to Times New Roman and says "I'm sorry you'll have to leave, we don't serve your type in here...

2. The backers, banks and Ofgem clearly don't agree and you've even had support from an official company representative when you aren't a customer.

3.See above, you were but you didn't read it or chose to ignore it.

4. You didn't switch, although it's somewhat concerning that you thought you had. I would have thought that if there is an issue there other than your assumption, it's likely to be an Energylinx issue.

5. I can't help how you feel but I can assure you it isn't, in fact only last week various members (or customers) were invited and went to PP's headquarters (or offices if you don't like the uber-corporate connotations of headquarters).

As far as the tone of your posts goes, well...unnecessarily strident but each to their own...

I'm off now to get my life back. (you know BC may have a point there...)

cheers
w

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Oh im sorry i can't resist.
Sticking with the 90's theme of this thread all i can think is BC2018

"YOU'VE BEEN TANGOED"

Now thats a joke (well i think its funny)
Hi @Martynh
An update for you.
Our tech team are expecting the updated iOS app to start appearing in the
App Store today. :up:
This will restore support for devices that run on iOS9.

It won't appear in the App Store at the same time for everyone, because the App Store is supported by different servers.
So some Members will see it before others.