Solved

I cant log in to my account, its saying there is an error with me email, anyone similar?

I cant log in to my account, its saying there is an error with me email, anyone similar?
icon

Best answer by Nataly 4 May 2020, 13:42

Hi everyone,

The fix for the login error has been completed, so if you try to log in now it should work πŸ™‚

Make sure to reload the page or close and reopen the browser, if you kept the log in page open πŸ‘

Let us know if you can now log in!
View original

66 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Emma
I think someone else had a similar issue but...
If you are using the app can you try deleting and reinstalling the app.
Have you tried logging in at purepla.net?
​​​​​​​post back?
same problem, getting error message on the web, I don't use the app
Hey @Emma Smith @mikemoate

That definitely sounds strange! What's the error message being displayed?

It may be worth double-checking the email being entered, and trying to log in again?

If that doesn't help, it'd be great if you could let us know the browser you're using πŸ‘
I'm getting the same problem logging in to website, on PC using latest Firefox.
I'm using the correct email, but just get "Error please try again".
Hi @stan99

Ok thanks for updating us - I've asked our Tech team to look into the issue you're seeing when logging in via web πŸ‘

Great to hear you could log in via the app!
i am having the same problem and as i don't use the app can't get my readings in. don't want estimated bill so what do we do
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
malcolm69;52822:
i am having the same problem and as i don't use the app can't get my readings in. don't want estimated bill so what do we do

Hi Malcolm

Welcome to the Pure Planet community!
​​​​​​​
I can understand this is frustrating, but bear in mind you can submit readings any time after this problem is solved, and if you have been submitting regular readings it's unlikely that the estimate will be far out. And an estimated statement won't actually affect what you pay, your direct debit stays the same. Though I'm sure some will be keen to send in readings today with the price reduction tomorrow...

I have to confess I don't ever log out so I don't have any problems logging in...

Best of luck
​​​​​​​Stephen
I am having the same issue, I do not use the app on my phone & have tried Chrome & Firefox to no avail. Please advise if this issue has been resolved.
Hey @malcolm69 @Georgia M

Thanks for letting us know ​​​​​​​- I'll inform our Tech team about this to help their investigating of the issue πŸ‘
@malcolm69 could you let me know what browser you're using?

It may be worth downloading the app if you'd like, to manage your account in the meantime.

Some top advice from @stephenrand about estimates on your statement, too πŸ™‚
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
There should be a status banner saying Some members are experiencing issues logging in where their email addresses are not being recognised. We apologise for this and we are working on it.
​​​​​​​or similar
Hi everyone,

Just to give you an update on this - our Tech team have advised that clearing your browser's cache should resolve the issue.

Instructions on how to do this in Chrome here and how to do this in Firefox here.

Could you let us know if that has fixed the issue?

If not, it'd be really handy to attach any screenshots of the error message and let us know which version of your browser is being run.

Our team have double-checked and it seems most Members are logging in successfully, so we're optimistic clearing your cache will work πŸ™‚πŸ€ž
Hey @woz

I've just updated the original post and just to let you know I've also merged your post into it - although a few Members are experiencing this issue, our Tech team have done an investigation and found it to be quite rare, as they can see the majority of Members have logged in yesterday and today without issue.

Of course, if the issue becomes larger and affects more Members, we'd look into a banner or adding it to the homepage to let people know.

For now, though, I don't think we'd do that.

Hopefully clearing their cache will resolve the issue, too!
I'm having the same problem and don't want to down load the APP on my phone. Obviously a problem somewhere and its frustrating not being able to talk to an actual person!!! Using Chrome.

- - - Updated - - -

no it hasn't made a difference to me, still can't log on!

- - - Updated - - -

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi nicnat
When you said it didn't make a difference did you mean after clearing your cache?

nicnat;52851:
I'm having the same problem and don't want to down load the APP on my phone. Obviously a problem somewhere and its frustrating not being able to talk to an actual person!!! Using Chrome.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

i ;;am having th;is problem i have tried clearing cache to no avail i still get same message error with email
​​​​​​​
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
nicnat;52851:
I'm having the same problem and don't want to down load the APP on my phone. Obviously a problem somewhere and its frustrating not being able to talk to an actual person!!!

Hi there

​​​​​​​Hope you won't mind me saying I was slightly puzzled by this comment. Your post is on a thread that includes contributions from a staff member, suggestions about what to do, and assurances that the technical people are and have looked into it. Trying to work out what more you would have gained by talking to an actual person as opposed to exchanging messages with several actual people...

​​​​​​Honestly not trying to be difficult, or minimising the frustration of not being able to log on.

​​​​​​​Stephen
Currently I'm logging in fine via the website.

I shall log out and see if anything happens.
​​​​​​​
Well, I'm back, I got no error messages.

I use Opera, it'a own built in privacy protector, and a number of add-ons, including ViolentMonkey, and Dark Mode (which is a bit rubbish here, as the screen looks like this)

My email's with Gmail if that's any help to the techs.

Kindest Regards

Me
Hi everyone ( @briwen @nicnat @Georgia M @malcolm69 @stan99 @mikemoate @Emma Smith),

Just a further update to let you know our team are still working on this - there doesn't seem to be a common browser/device issue, so there's no common factor currently!

As before, any screenshots of the error and the exact browser/browser version you're using will really help us to look into this πŸ™‚
Or, if you have since successfully logged in, please do update us as that'd be great to know πŸ‘

It may sound simple but it's also worth reloading the page - that may resolve the issue!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Perhaps being able to give meter readings?
​​​​​​​
stephenrand;52862:
Hi there

​​​​​​​Hope you won't mind me saying I was slightly puzzled by this comment. Your post is on a thread that includes contributions from a staff member, suggestions about what to do, and assurances that the technical people are and have looked into it. Trying to work out what more you would have gained by talking to an actual person as opposed to exchanging messages with several actual people...

​​​​​​Honestly not trying to be difficult, or minimising the frustration of not being able to log on.

​​​​​​​Stephen
hi Nataly well I have tried clearing my chrome browser no luck also tried reloading the page still nothing so whats next.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi malcom69
If it's not too late you could send your meter readings via a direct message (little envelope top right) to nataly and ask her to pass them onto the team. If you've missed your statement deadline you may as well wait until perhaps a few 3 or 4 days before the statement date and send them in then. Of course it may be fixed by then.
Have you tried a different browser? (and you aren't using a VPN are you?)
malcolm69;52922:
hi Nataly well I have tried clearing my chrome browser no luck also tried reloading the page still nothing so whats next.
Hi WOZ thanks for the tip about direct message I have just used it so will wait and see if there is any response. I have tried a different browser and no I am not using VPN so don't know what the problem is, have to wait and see if it gets fixed thanks again
Hi @malcolm69
Our tech team have been trying to replicate this issue all day. No joy yet but they're still working on it.
It seems to be affecting just a handful of Members. Which isn't an excuse, but it's just annoying for us all!
Good call @woz about the VPN possibility.
The team are still looking into it. We'll keep you posted here of course. Sorry about the hassle.
I can't either, but not getting any answers from pure planet