Solved

I am not a pure planet customer, the previous owners of my new house were and I need the MPAN

• 16 April 2019
  • 8 replies

hello

I am trying to set up a new energy supplier the previous owners were with you and I need the 13 digit electricity meter number MPAN

Please can you contact me to provide this I can't set up electricity in my house until I have this and I obviously don't have a bill to refer to
icon

Best answer by MrSmart 17 April 2019, 06:47

Hi Laura,

You cannot set up with another supplier until you have given Pure Planet your details.

The MPAN might be on the meter but isn't part of the meter details (it identifies the property, not the meter) so isn't guaranteed. You need to sign up with Pure via the app, give them your details and a meter reading for when you moved in because they are your supplier - you inherited them when you moved in.

Once signed up ans paying for the energy with PP you can opt to move to another supplier of you still wish to but it is not immediate when you move into a property, you have to use the supplier that is already there.
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi laura. It should also be on the actual meter.
Hi Laura,

You cannot set up with another supplier until you have given Pure Planet your details.

The MPAN might be on the meter but isn't part of the meter details (it identifies the property, not the meter) so isn't guaranteed. You need to sign up with Pure via the app, give them your details and a meter reading for when you moved in because they are your supplier - you inherited them when you moved in.

Once signed up ans paying for the energy with PP you can opt to move to another supplier of you still wish to but it is not immediate when you move into a property, you have to use the supplier that is already there.
laura29;27777:
hello

I am trying to set up a new energy supplier the previous owners were with you and I need the 13 digit electricity meter number MPAN

Please can you contact me to provide this I can't set up electricity in my house until I have this and I obviously don't have a bill to refer to

Hi @laura29
Welcome to the community!
If you send our Member services team the address of the property they can look it up.
Simply message them via WattBot in the PP app. 🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Laura
you don't need your MPAN to switch, I don't understand why anyone would tell you that you do, but just to say if you want it you can also get it through your DNO.
Obviously you are responsible for paying PP until you switch (as with any move you become a deemed customer of the incumbent supplier whoever they are) Using the app is the easiest way to deal with this but if for some reason you don't want to there are alternatives
Post back if it's still a problem
Hi @Marc I have downloaded the App on my I phone but have no options for WATTBOT I see you have had issues with smart phones and the app. I have meter readings from when we got the keys that I understand I need to submit before I can switch, this must be done by the end of the week can you get someone to get in contact asap as the app does not function right on my phone and I need to get this sorted. thanks

- - - Updated - - -

The app does not function right on my phone there is no options to submit anything or speak to anyone. is there no contact for anyone in this company its so frustrating!!! I have pictures of the meter readings from the day e got the keys and must get this sorted asap
laura29;27828:
Hi @Marc I have downloaded the App on my I phone but have no options for WATTBOT

Hi @laura29
If you go to Menu > Help and tap on WattBot you'll be able to message our team.
Here's a FAQ which may help.
Hi @laura29
Also I've just replied to your DM too 🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Laura
What model of phone is it, and what version of operating system?
Are you running a VPN on your phone?
​Have you logged into the app satisfactorily?
Have you been able to get through the joining process with the app?
What happens when you click on help from the main menu?
Communication is by wattbot type "message the team" and ask.(or via the community) PP don't have call centres. If you don't have access to wattbot (which is extremely unusual) that needs to be fixed.

Although you say I see you have had issues with smart phones and the app, that isn't a reasonable representation of the facts, as issues are few and far between unless the phone is an obscure model.
A couple of things you could try assuming you can log in OK, restart your phone (worth a try)
Delete the app and reinstall. I know it sounds counter intuitive but sometimes it works.

laura29;27828:
Hi @Marc I have downloaded the App on my I phone but have no options for WATTBOT I see you have had issues with smart phones and the app. I have meter readings from when we got the keys that I understand I need to submit before I can switch, this must be done by the end of the week can you get someone to get in contact asap as the app does not function right on my phone and I need to get this sorted. thanks

- - - Updated - - -

The app does not function right on my phone there is no options to submit anything or speak to anyone. is there no contact for anyone in this company its so frustrating!!! I have pictures of the meter readings from the day e got the keys and must get this sorted asap