How to submit meter readings in the app

• Community Manager
  • 6147 replies
Having trouble submitting meter readings in the app?

Make sure you have the latest version of the app. To be certain you should uninstall it and reinstall it from the App Store or Google Play

Then follow these simple steps:

1. Open your Pure Planet app.

2. When it's time for your reading, you'll see a 'Send a meter reading' moon right on your homepage.

3. If you want to send us a meter reading at other times, go to Menu > Send a meter reading

4. All you need to do now is type the number(s) on your meter and press 'Next'.

If you have any questions check the guide just below the meter submission box(es).

5. You'll get a chance to review the numbers before you finally submit. It's always handy to check.

6. You'll then see a confirmation that we have received them, with a big green tick

Finally, it's worth remembering that you can only send meter readings once every 24 hours. If you try to re-send them sooner, the ‘send’ button will be greyed out and we’ll let you know that we don’t need another reading just yet!

Please send us regular meter readings once a month. It helps to keep your energy use and payments on track.

110 replies

Gil;17689:
Sorry to hear that 😞. Two options, @Marc could take a look to see if there is an account issue causing this now(?) or you could go to watttbot and "message the team" to ask them to investigate. You can then attach your readings at the same time.

I’ll try the wattbot now as there is still server issues this morning too
Gil;17833:
How have you got on today, are the servers issues resolved for you?

Yes the servers are working today thanks for your help
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Belfast
to answer your question about the website, it's because it's an app based product only (apart from the community which runs on a piece of wet string.)
The network problem will probably go away...
Belfastgang;13732:
the new update on the app doesn't allow me to log in as normal showing a network problem unknown to me. How can I submit my readings? why is it only possible tp do so on the app and not your website? many thanks, Sam
And another blue screen report. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7, Android 8.0.0, good wifi (79/6 down/upload this morning) and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I used help and WattBot, but have heard nothing back (reported Tuesday evening, I don't know what time because the help/WattBot history doesn't display date/time as far as I can see). I can log into the app, look at my account, usage etc, but if I tap the burger menu top right and choose 'Send a meter reading' I get a spinner on a light blue page for a second or two then the dark blue screen others mention. I have to tap the escape button three times and then I am exited from the app completely rather than taken back to the home screen. As others have said, being able to submit meter readings is a pretty basic requirement to get right!
Hi! We have two different meters, but when I’m on the app, trying to send the readings, it only allows me to send the readings of one of them. When we switched to you I was able to send you a picture of them but unfortunately now I can’t do that anymore. How do I send you the readings of the second one(I think it was the night tarriff one+ heating).
Hi @Mrs B
Instead of following the email link, can you try just going to Menu > My account > Send a meter reading
Is that any better?
Hi @dhvmills
Welcome to the community!
Thanks for posting
Yes this is a cool function. We're definitely interested in this :o
Nice one for commenting on it. Always good to get these ideas - keep them coming!

dhvmills;11534:
The supplier I’m moving from (Octopus) has a camera function on their app which is used to take the meter readings directly from the meter display.
It prevents input errors and I found it very useful and easy to use.
Worth considering?
Hi @Pile o stone
Our tech team are looking into this
I'm flagging it up with them again this morning
Will update you ASAP
Hi,

I'm having the same issue reporting meter readings. I'm logged into the app, but as soon as I go to the '3 lines' in the top right of the app, i get a screen saying 'trying to connect' and then the connection times out and prompts me to start again.

I'm using iPhone 6 / 11.2.6 / deleted and reinstalled app 3 times. I had no issue reporting meter readings in previous months.
Jon1;11981:
Hello larcol.
If you use a lot more/less than expected based upon previous/expected usage then it will ask you to double check the reading before confirming the entry.
You can send readings as often as you like no need to wait for a prompt.

Thanks Jon1;1198.Did not know if I had to wait for message.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Jayney;21157:
Hi Mark, my electricity meter has gone wrong. 24 Sept = 85997, 24 Oct = 86309, 23Nov = 86676, 24 Dec = 87858, 1 Jan = 87143, 11 Jan = 87293. I have photographic evidence of each reading. We need someone to come and check the meter please. Thank you

Hi Jayney, welcome to the community!

I'm sure Marc will see this tomorrow and get back to you. Meantime my mental arithmetic suggests that it's only the 24 December reading that's odd, so perhaps you don't have too much to worry about? It's certainly strange though...

Best wishes, Stephen
Marc;10944:
Hi @SalRead1
Thanks for posting.
You've deinitely switched both gas as well as electricity?

I thought so because I have both. Transferred through Money Saving Expert who gave me all sorts of quotes for both gas and electric, and I opted for Pure Planet on the basis of those quotes. Looking at your later emails now I can only see electric mentioned. If that’s the case, PP is considerably more expensive than what I was paying and so I’d leave. Can’t find a way to get in touch with anyone other than via the Community for a proper answer. Hope you can assist! Susan
Hi...I was asked for readings and photos on 24th which I sent. The send readings icon reappeared.Did more readings on 29th which have been acknowledged but no mention of previous readings. My supply went live on 29th so will they use the recent readings and ignore the previous ones?
All I am getting right now 22:56 on 23 nov is The request to connect in order to submit the meter readings is down.

Different devices and their appropriate apps on 4g and wireless.

Not sure what I can do if the servers are down.
Gil;17601:
Hi @Lucyt , there seems to be a lot of server issues at the moment :(

I would give it another go in the morning and see how it goes then. Post back how you get on:)

Not working thus morning either. Still server issues
Hi Mark, my electricity meter has gone wrong. 24 Sept = 85997, 24 Oct = 86309, 23Nov = 86676, 24 Dec = 87858, 1 Jan = 87143, 11 Jan = 87293. I have photographic evidence of each reading. We need someone to come and check the meter please. Thank you
Hi,
I have an account with you but my pad the App was installed on has failed I cannot seem to install one on my laptop to send my meter readings😕
Update:

It is believed that some members experiencing an issue when following an email prompt from Pure Planet to submit meter readings and being caught up in a login 'loop' is caused by having a 'VPN' installed on their phones.
VPNs are 'virtual private networks' which some apps will install on phones - for example to have better privacy when using public wifi networks.
Having a VPN may stop our verification email from working. We are investigating further.
You can see if your iPhone has a VPN installed by checking in Settings->General-VPN where it can be disabled
Hi @Iancluc thanks for posting
I've moved your post to this existing thread - as it's the same topic and duplication is hard for members to follow.
Can you please make sure that you've got the latest version of the app installed and then follow the steps as above?
We have a bug affecting some members' apps with regard to sending meter readings and the above steps are doing the trick
Hi @Renate
That's great - glad it's now working. Apologies for the hassle.
Hi @Andrew3535 thanks for posting in the community!
Welcome.
Where there are three numbers, one of them will be the sum total of the other two. So you only need to submit two.
Just to make it "interesting" it isn't always the third number 🤷
But in your example just use the Rate 1 and Rate 2 readings.
Hi @SalRead1
Thanks for posting.
You've deinitely switched both gas as well as electricity?
Hi @SalRead1
I've checked this out with our Member services team. The quote from MSE linked to your account is electricity only.
I'm going to send you a private message with suggested next steps 🆙
Hi @Francis
Do you mean you're logged in but the app isn't fuctioning? What mobile are you using? And which version of the OS has it got?
Belfastgang;13732:
the new update on the app doesn't allow me to log in as normal showing a network problem unknown to me. How can I submit my readings? why is it only possible tp do so on the app and not your website? many thanks, Sam

Hi @Belfastgang
Is this still an issue for you or is it OK now?