How to submit meter readings in the app

Show first post

110 replies

Hi again @Mrs B
Our app guys are still looking into this. Nothing obvious from the logs.
Sorry to ask - but have you tried deleting the app and then reinstalling it?
Appreciate that's a hassle but it has worked for other members facing a similar issue.
The other thing that would be great is if you could send me a screenshot - either here or as a direct message
My gas meter just displays meter failed
I am wondering if it’s a WiFi issue as readings should be transmitted automatically
Hi,

I'm having the same issue reporting meter readings. I'm logged into the app, but as soon as I go to the '3 lines' in the top right of the app, i get a screen saying 'trying to connect' and then the connection times out and prompts me to start again.

I'm using iPhone 6 / 11.2.6 / deleted and reinstalled app 3 times. I had no issue reporting meter readings in previous months.
RickS;4719:
Hi,

I'm having the same issue reporting meter readings. I'm logged into the app, but as soon as I go to the '3 lines' in the top right of the app, i get a screen saying 'trying to connect' and then the connection times out and prompts me to start again.

I'm using iPhone 6 / 11.2.6 / deleted and reinstalled app 3 times. I had no issue reporting meter readings in previous months.

Hi @RickS
That sounds like a server error. Are you still seeing the same thing? I can flag this up with our tech team. Or is it now sorted?
Cheers
Marc
Still having the same issue - I've tried over the last 4 days and continuously having the same issue.
RickS;4753:
Still having the same issue - I've tried over the last 4 days and continuously having the same issue.

Thanks @RickS I'm flagging this up with the app team. I'm assuming that you are able to login to the app ok?
Chadders;4715:
My gas meter just displays meter failed
I am wondering if it’s a WiFi issue as readings should be transmitted automatically

Hi @Chadders
Is your gas meter still displaying the same thing?
Meter readings should be sent to us monthly via the app. Have you been sending the readings to us from the app okay?
Yes - I can log in fine. it's only when I go to 'my account' that the server times out.
RickS;4773:
Yes - I can log in fine. it's only when I go to 'my account' that the server times out.

Hi again @RickS
Thanks for your patience! I'm sending you a new DM about this
On my electric meter I have 3 numbers coming up, rate 1, rate 2 and then another number with a symbol followed by s nunber, any idea which number I should use for a meter reading?
Hi @Andrew3535 thanks for posting in the community!
Welcome.
Where there are three numbers, one of them will be the sum total of the other two. So you only need to submit two.
Just to make it "interesting" it isn't always the third number 🤷
But in your example just use the Rate 1 and Rate 2 readings.
I've been trying to submit meter readings from the app, but the "Next" button isn't responding, nor is the Watt bot. This happened last month as well, and estimated readings were generated as a result. I deleted the app and reinstalled it, but still having the same issue.
Hi @Aberfox
Thanks for posting
Welcome to the community!
Sorry to hear this. From your post is sounds like you are able to input the meter numbers, but it's from there that the 'Next' button doesn't work? Is that right?
What make and model of phone do you have? And what OS version is it running please?
If you can reply with that info I will ask our app team to have a look
Hi. Just joined for both gas and electricity and been asked for first meter reading but only allows me to submit for gas. When I see tariff it states has tariff only. Can you tell me how I can submit electricity reading?
Hi @gurmindersinghghatora
Our Member services team have emailed you - looks like your electricity was being switched to another supplier at the same time as the gas was being switched to us
The email will explain your next steps 🆙
I submitted my electric meter reading today, followed by a photo of the meter (I’m a new customer). Then nothing for my gas reading, absolutely nothing to even indicate that a gas meter reading was expected. How do I go about getting this reading to Pure Planet?
Hi @SalRead1
Thanks for posting.
You've deinitely switched both gas as well as electricity?
Marc;10944:
Hi @SalRead1
Thanks for posting.
You've deinitely switched both gas as well as electricity?

I thought so because I have both. Transferred through Money Saving Expert who gave me all sorts of quotes for both gas and electric, and I opted for Pure Planet on the basis of those quotes. Looking at your later emails now I can only see electric mentioned. If that’s the case, PP is considerably more expensive than what I was paying and so I’d leave. Can’t find a way to get in touch with anyone other than via the Community for a proper answer. Hope you can assist! Susan
Hi @SalRead1
I've checked this out with our Member services team. The quote from MSE linked to your account is electricity only.
I'm going to send you a private message with suggested next steps 🆙
The supplier I’m moving from (Octopus) has a camera function on their app which is used to take the meter readings directly from the meter display.
It prevents input errors and I found it very useful and easy to use.
Worth considering?
Hi @dhvmills
Thanks for posting
Yes this is a cool function. We're definitely interested in this :o
Nice one for commenting on it. Always good to get these ideas - keep them coming!

dhvmills;11534:
The supplier I’m moving from (Octopus) has a camera function on their app which is used to take the meter readings directly from the meter display.
It prevents input errors and I found it very useful and easy to use.
Worth considering?
Hi I am new customer and was quoted price around the 27th Aug. I didn't provide my bank details then because I wanted the switch to take place around the first week in October. This was also because I didn't want two payments to energy companies in September. I was told that I can submit my bank details on the 17th September for the switch to take place effective around the 7th October. I want to provide you with my bank details but the app does not provide me with relevant area to do so. Can someone please get in touch with me. Kind regards ibawa
Hi @Ibawa
Great to hear that you want to switch to Pure Planet :)
You will be asked to provide details for your Direct Debit payments when you join through the app.
It sounds like you haven't joined us yet. Simply download the app and join up 🆙

Ibawa;11700:
Hi I am new customer and was quoted price around the 27th Aug. I didn't provide my bank details then because I wanted the switch to take place around the first week in October. This was also because I didn't want two payments to energy companies in September. I was told that I can submit my bank details on the 17th September for the switch to take place effective around the 7th October. I want to provide you with my bank details but the app does not provide me with relevant area to do so. Can someone please get in touch with me. Kind regards ibawa
Just gave a meter reading.Says it doesn't seem right.Have had this a couple of times before Has always accepted them.Seems to me they don't seem to believe me.Do i wait for a text or message from you to give a reading.Have been giving readings a couple of times a month.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hello larcol.
If you use a lot more/less than expected based upon previous/expected usage then it will ask you to double check the reading before confirming the entry.
You can send readings as often as you like no need to wait for a prompt.