Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 13380 replies

If your question is one for Shell rather than Pure Planet:

https://www.shellenergy.co.uk/contact-us

12 replies

Nice one @woz for sharing.

I’ve just read shell energy customer service  reviews are shocking! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Well tbf, a lot of PP reviews would be shocking, but it’s about embracing for a few months and seeing how you find them personally. They won’t be for everyone, and bound to be hiccups, but they’re taking us on and so far, very welcoming. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You have to go by experience because bad news always travels……

Taking on a high influx of new customers only adds to the turmoil.

Peeps use switching sites, to much moving about makes this whole market a topsy turvy affair.

Userlevel 3

This is going to sound so childish but I didn’t want to read the meter because I’m still cross that a company that has won awards for their renewable energy and carbon neutral offsets for gas, were allowed to fold just a few weeks before the climate conference in Glasgow. It doesn’t make sense the government saying oh we need to be more aware of how we use energy but will not support the innovators like PP to keep building the ‘green’ credentials to arrive at carbon neutral by 2030.

So I felt awful submitting my readings because it felt like I was hammering another nail in PP’s coffin, when they seriously did not deserve it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

This is going to sound so childish but I didn’t want to read the meter because I’m still cross that a company that has won awards for their renewable energy and carbon neutral offsets for gas, were allowed to fold just a few weeks before the climate conference in Glasgow. It doesn’t make sense the government saying oh we need to be more aware of how we use energy but will not support the innovators like PP to keep building the ‘green’ credentials to arrive at carbon neutral by 2030.

So I felt awful submitting my readings because it felt like I was hammering another nail in PP’s coffin, when they seriously did not deserve it. 

👍🤜✊👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sooooo true, Clicker! Watching Boris on every news channel, just pushing the whole Green Green Green message, and it being the top news story all day, just rubbed salt into the wound. Everything he was pushing, Andrew Steven and Chris were doing. Still so raw. 

Thank you @Clicker101 for your kind words, we really appreciate it!:blush:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Well said @Clicker101 👍👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

👍🤜✊👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Nice one @Clicker101 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

So, you see how we’re waiting for an email now from Shell, in this interim period, in order to receive log in details for the app 🤷‍♀️, well is that different to the PP app then, as think ANYONE can generate a log in here can’t they 🤷‍♀️even if they are not a customer of PP 🤷‍♀️. 

So far as aware the app does similar things. A friend I meet is with Shell. Last night he showed me the app, well tried to, it would not load.

With respect to @Clicker101 ’s comment. It is not really a question of “allowing PP to fold” but more that commercially it was not sustainable and it does/did not make sense pouring money in. The Government though seems to be blinkered. Being influenced by those in the heat pump supply chain yet the whole world and his dog know that heat pumps are not viable for most properties in the UK, are not cheap, they omit to tell you extra or bigger radiators will be needed, and I am told those with micro bore central heating will have big problems. The £5k supplement is better employed subsidising electricity, but the makers of radiators are not lobbying the government as hard as the heat pump industry, and our politicians don’t seem to have unbiased advisors. They probably are listening to Octopus which wants to push heat pumps in a big way.