Solved

How long does a reply take?

• 1 March 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi, I've been to read my electricity meter today and the display is blank, I've started a wattbot chat but just wondering how long the team take to reply as Im not allowed to answer calls at work and not sure how they respond? 

icon

Best answer by Angelabikerbabe 1 March 2021, 17:44

Hi.

it normally Takes 2-3 working days and they generally leave a message at wattbot, so head back there..

When you say your meter display  is blank....Is it a new smart meter? Have you tried to 'wake it up '? By pressing one of the buttons?

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi.

it normally Takes 2-3 working days and they generally leave a message at wattbot, so head back there..

When you say your meter display  is blank....Is it a new smart meter? Have you tried to 'wake it up '? By pressing one of the buttons?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

hi @Rachaelhc 

it’s probably blank because you need to wake it up by pressing a button, usually A or 9,  and human replies take 2-3 working days

sorry @Angelabikerbabe crossed with your reply

Hi thanks for your reply, unfortunately it's not a smart meter must be 8 years old if not more. Just panicking now as I've missed sending a few readings so don't know how long it's been out! 😢

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Rachaelhc 

If it's older type meter and the display is blank, have a look here 

By the way, don’t panic @Rachaelhc

Missed readings are fine for a few months — especially if you’re not newly on supply with PP or have suddenly installed a heated swimming pool with Sauna. 😉 

By the way, don’t panic @Rachaelhc

Missed readings are fine for a few months — especially if you’re not newly on supply with PP or have suddenly installed a heated swimming pool with Sauna. 😉 

Thank god its not the gas meter🥶😂. We joined maybe May but I'm terrible at remembering the readings no matter how many reminders I set 😱. What will be will be. Thanks all for your help

Haha. You’re welcome. You can send a reading whenever you remember — anytime of month. As long as you send a few a year, things won’t get that far out of kilter.