Solved

How do I get Pure Planet to contact me?

• 15 September 2018
  • 10 replies

I have got an issue, in that my monthly direct debit (as predicted for the whole year, taking into account cold and warm month figures) is about 40% of my estimated annual spend. I am therefore getting increasingly into debt, debt that I can ill-afford. In the absence of a telephone number, I have gone in twice through Wattbott, and yet neither time have they come back to me. Its a very poor show. HOW CAN I SPEAK WITH THEM?
icon

Best answer by Mavis1 15 September 2018, 10:20

Hello spurs fan.
As a watford fan you may choose to ignore my attempts to help.
When going into wattbot did you type message the team. Then it asks for name etc and it leaves a message saying someone will get back to you. If not then all you have done is ask the AI a question. You could also private message (envelope top right) @Marc the community manager and he can flag this up for you.
Any debt wont be collected in a lump sum and we are about to start winter payments so this may help the situation out a little.
View original

10 replies

This is a problem if you need to speak to them about something important, surely? I am getting further and further into DR, due to their errors in estimation, and they won't contact me to put it right. That's not good.

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely. Cheap is not cheerful. As long as my year is up. The inability to speak to someone is pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

PS they don't get back to you, despite requests on Wattbott.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
If you see Mr Smarts advice above, Spursman, re typing the words “Message the team” in wattbot, somebody will be in touch with you. Hope it sorts itself out for you 👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hello spurs fan.
When going into wattbot did you type message the team. Then it asks for name etc and it leaves a message saying someone will get back to you. If not then all you have done is ask the AI a question. You could also private message (envelope top right) @Marc the community manager and he can flag this up for you.
Any debt wont be collected in a lump sum and we are about to start winter payments so this may help the situation out a little.
Jon1;11576:
Hello spurs fan.

Yes I did “message the team” and Wattbott said they would call me in 2 days. They didn’t ask for contact details. They didn’t call.
Bev;11575:
If you see Mr Smarts advice above, Spursman, re typing the words “Message the team” in wattbot, somebody will be in touch with you. Hope it sorts itself out for you 👍

Thank you. I did that and it said they’d call me. They haven’t. Twice.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Dan
I think it's more likely that you will get a reply through help in the app or by email, rather than a call (although a call is not out of the question).
Have you checked the app to see if you've had a reply? (may take a day or two from when you asked).
Also, having read your original post I'm a bit confused by what you wrote; are you saying that if you add summer and winter monthly payments together and multiply by 6 it only comes to 40% of your estimated spend?
If it's PP's figure for your estimated spend that does not sound likely.

Here's how to work it out:
Take a summer payment, let's call it £60 <--- insert your own amount here
to work out your winter payment Multiply summer by 1.5, 1.5x£60=£90
(or if you're starting with a winter payment divide the winter by 1.5 to work out summer)
Add the two together, £60+90=£150
Multiply that by the number of payments which is 6 for each, £150x6=£900
So your total annual estimate is £900
If you do that with your figures are you saying that you think your annual payment should work out at for example £900 but it only works out at 40% of that which would be £360?, which would mean your payments would be £24 and £36 instead of £60 and £90?
It seems unlikely.
Or are you saying that the annual estimate is only 40% of what you think you are going to use?

SpursManDan;11579]Yes I did “message the team” and Wattbott said they would call me in 2 days. They didn’t ask for contact details. They didn’t call.
woz;11585:
hi Dan
I think it's more likely that you will get a reply through help in the app or by email, rather than a call (although a call is not out of the question).
Have you checked the app to see if you've had a reply? (may take a day or two from when you asked).
Also, having read your original post I'm a bit confused by what you wrote; are you saying that if you add summer and winter monthly payments together and multiply by 6 it only comes to 40% of your estimated spend?
If it's PP's figure for your estimated spend that does not sound likely.

Here's how to work it out:
Take a summer payment, let's call it £60 <--- insert your own amount here
to work out your winter payment Multiply summer by 1.5, 1.5x£60=£90
(or if you're starting with a winter payment divide the winter by 1.5 to work out summer)
Add the two together, £60+90=£150
Multiply that by the number of payments which is 6 for each, £150x6=£900
So your total annual estimate is £900
If you do that with your figures are you saying that you think your annual payment should work out at for example £900 but it only works out at 40% of that which would be £360?, which would mean your payments would be £24 and £36 instead of £60 and £90?
It seems unlikely.
Or are you saying that the annual estimate is only 40% of what you think you are going to use?

SpursManDan;11579]Yes I did “message the team” and Wattbott said they would call me in 2 days. They didn’t ask for contact details. They didn’t call.

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. I get the maths. (Hot + cold)x 6 = £1200. The yearly estimte they give me in my bills is £3000. My DR has increased by £150 pcm since I joined.

- - - Updated - - -

SpursManDan;11589:

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. I get the maths. (Hot + cold)x 6 = £1200. The yearly estimte they give me in my bills is £3000. My DR has increased by £150 pcm since I joined.

I am getting more and more indebted to them and they aren’t presently doing anything to help me reverse that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
No problem Spursman, hopefully it’ll be picked up Monday if not sooner, and it’ll get discussed. Persevere as PP are definitely genuine, and extremely reasonable and fair 👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Dan
It wasn't a maths lesson, I was genuinely trying to help you get it sorted!
Pardon me I misunderstood, so you are saying that they aren't taking enough in the DD?
Or are you saying the estimated use is wrong?
I'm now very unclear on the actual problem, and although you may not think so I'm trying to help!

Do you know what your actual annual usage is?

It's the comment about the debt I don't understand, you said your annual is estimated at £1200, so that's £80 summer and £120 winter. That sounds like a typical amount. £3000 a year sounds very high unless you have a large family in a large (not terribly well insulated) house. Where did the £3000 figure come from?

- - - Updated - - -

I am getting more and more indebted to them and they aren’t presently doing anything to help me reverse that.
Hi @SpursManDan
Welcome to the community
I've flagged this up with our Member services team.
They're replying to your chat message
(BTW I've moved your other post to this thread. To avoid duplicate replies around the forum, as this can make it difficult to follow, and also causes duplication 🆙)

Thanks @Jon1 and @woz and @Bev for helping out! :foldedhands: