Solved

How do I get my gas meter reading when I’m unable

• 16 October 2018
  • 5 replies

How do I get my gas meter reading when I’m unable to have someone come over and repair my faulty gas meter?
icon

Best answer by Marc 16 October 2018, 12:42

Yas5217;13676:
How do I get my gas meter reading when I’m unable to have someone come over and repair my faulty gas meter?

Hi @Yas5217
Have you been in touch with our Member services team about having it checked out?
View original

5 replies

Yas5217;13676:

Hi @Yas5217
Have you been in touch with our Member services team about having it checked out?
I have this smart meter, which I thought will help me to read my meter and not break my back going into my meter cupboard.
But, I’m not sure how I give the reading as it gives me only 3 digits for a month or year?
Hi
I tried reading the meter the smart meter.
From 05/08-09/09
Gas: 145kwh
Electricity: 121 KWh

On the year reading to date:
Gas: 461 KWh
Electricity: 502Kwh.

If this is not right I’ll have to creep in to the meter cupboard.
I would appreciate it if you could kindly let me know if the readings are correct.

Yasotha Nallaiah
Hi @Yas5217
Thanks for the info.
FYI i've merged your posts together into one thread. This is just to avoid us all having duplicate chats in different places.
Have you seen our FAQs on reading meters?
Analogue meters here
Smart meters here
Do they help at all?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi yas
they aren’t correct you need to read the gas meter in cubic metres or m3, not kwh
Also best to read the actual meters not the ihd.
​post back if you’re struggling

Yas5217;37495:
Hi
I tried reading the meter the smart meter.
From 05/08-09/09
Gas: 145kwh
Electricity: 121 KWh

On the year reading to date:
Gas: 461 KWh
Electricity: 502Kwh.

If this is not right I’ll have to creep in to the meter cupboard.
I would appreciate it if you could kindly let me know if the readings are correct.

Yasotha Nallaiah