Solved

How do I change the name on the Account?

• 19 January 2021
  • 5 replies

How do I change the name on the Account to my wife.?

icon

Best answer by woz 19 January 2021, 15:45

@davidnolan

hi David

If you’re on a variable tariff one way is to complete the move out section of the account and your wife to join with a different email address. There is no cost overhead as where you end your wife starts (meter readings)
I know that sounds odd and long winded but it’s easy and it works.

If you’re on a fixed tariff you’re best seeking advice through help&support>ask a q. (wattbot). Persist through bot replies until message sent to team. Replies in 2 working days.

This is why and where it gets a bit complicated, if you left on a fixed tariff you’d have to pay the penalty, but if you were to rejoin with the same email address at a different property the fees would be refunded, so you’d think that if your wife rejoined at the same property with the same email address it might work, but I don’t think their systems have common sense baked in so I don’t know if that would work, and it’s a fairly large penalty (£30 per fuel) so a bit of a risk) which is why I suggested sending a message to see what they suggest.
If you’re on a variable tariff you could also ask via wattbot. Comments about the penalty don’t apply to variable tariff.

If they can do it for bereavement I can’t see why it can’t be done for a simple name change, but life is never simple  (credit checks assumed as OK by the way)
….so I’d be interested to know what their response is.

Will you post back and let us know how what happens?

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

You can only add someone as a contact on the account, their name wont appear on the statements  . Here's  a link:

https://community.purepla.net/changing-account-details-51/add-name-to-account-10367

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@davidnolan

hi David

If you’re on a variable tariff one way is to complete the move out section of the account and your wife to join with a different email address. There is no cost overhead as where you end your wife starts (meter readings)
I know that sounds odd and long winded but it’s easy and it works.

If you’re on a fixed tariff you’re best seeking advice through help&support>ask a q. (wattbot). Persist through bot replies until message sent to team. Replies in 2 working days.

This is why and where it gets a bit complicated, if you left on a fixed tariff you’d have to pay the penalty, but if you were to rejoin with the same email address at a different property the fees would be refunded, so you’d think that if your wife rejoined at the same property with the same email address it might work, but I don’t think their systems have common sense baked in so I don’t know if that would work, and it’s a fairly large penalty (£30 per fuel) so a bit of a risk) which is why I suggested sending a message to see what they suggest.
If you’re on a variable tariff you could also ask via wattbot. Comments about the penalty don’t apply to variable tariff.

If they can do it for bereavement I can’t see why it can’t be done for a simple name change, but life is never simple  (credit checks assumed as OK by the way)
….so I’d be interested to know what their response is.

Will you post back and let us know how what happens?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Later thought, wattbot may be programmed to assist with this, try typing ‘change name’ into wattbot and see if it comes up with a dialogue?

It may well work...

Sorry to put on this thread but I’m really confused about how to message the team. Does anyone know how to do this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Ruth_Clarke 

The quickest way is the first one, as it says. When you get to Wattbot enter message the team and keep going from there.

Though in fact if it's clarification you're looking for, the quickest way is to explain the problem here, and solutions and suggestions will flood in! Lots of fellow customers are pleased to help.

Post back if this doesn't help

Stephen